Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Nino Niederreiter signs extension with the Jets (3 years, $4M AAV)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Like it. Some commitment for the player who has 4* years left of security. Jets get him signed to what I believe he's already making and fits the team. He wouldn't be the main priority this off-season for teams, but at his skill level and size teams would have loved to add him and I would t have been surprised if he got a 5 x5 deal.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Loved Nino with the Canes and would have liked to have kept him. If he's found a happy place with the Peg then I wish him all the best there!! Seems like a pretty solid and fair contract for both sides.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Stay on topic, Nino contract. Everything else is OT and will have you removed from the thread.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Discuss the contract, the player...........anything else is OP and derailing and will get you excused from the thread. Simple concept here, follow the rules.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
average contract to a average veteran player, meh.
never lived up to his high draft position (5th overall)

1 time 50 point player, 3 times scored 40+ points
has had a long career in the NHL, for 7 different teams
very average, meh career

But good for him getting paid and its not a bad contract.

I do have noticed him this season
has played surprisingly well, but honestly i didn't even remember
that he played for the Jets

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Current NHL economics "squeezes the middle class" winch means there is great vale to be found in that middle class. Deep broad teams can and do win the Cup

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
average contract to a average veteran player, meh.
never lived up to his high draft position (5th overall)

1 time 50 point player, 3 times scored 40+ points
has had a long career in the NHL, for 7 different teams
very average, meh career

But good for him getting paid and its not a bad contract.

I do have noticed him this season
has played surprisingly well, but honestly i didn't even remember
that he played for the Jets
He is a goal scorer first. Never understand why people always come up with points and those overrated assists (unless you are a true gifted passer) with goalscorers.

I had to read that nonsense with Toffoli and Carter for years…

He had two 50 points seasons btw.

Reactions: Deno and hn777

puckhandler

Jan 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
Has scored
He is a goal scorer first. Never understand why people always come up with points and those overrated assists (unless you are a true gifted passer) with goalscorers.

I had to read that nonsense with Toffoli and Carter for years…

He had two 50 points seasons btw.
this.
Has scored 20 goals 7 times in his career. This is a bargain for the Jets. Big body that scored consistently.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Typical Chevy signing
Slightly overpaying a mediocre left handed player who doesn’t fill any of the teams actual needs.
At least this one isn’t a bottom liner…

Last edited:

Prospector

Aug 28, 2004
Now that he is at the tail end of his career would you guys say that Nino has live up to his draft status/expectations ?

Nov 24, 2006
I find most Jets fans have become content with mediocrity and no longer expect more.

Most Jets fans have been begging for Chevy to build a better bottom 6 for years. Getting a guy like Nino for reasonable term and value playing in the bottom 6 is exactly how you start to build that. The trio of Nino, Lowry and Appleton is the Jets second best line overall.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I'm really disappointed they didn't finish this tweet off with "GIVE ME CONTRACT I DESIRE!" Then again, I'm not sure I'd be eager to tempt Metallica with a potential copyright complaint either.

Congrats to Nino. He never did become the 60 point player I thought he'd be, but he's still a god middle-6 forward, and has earned a decent deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad