Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Nino Niederreiter signs extension with the Jets (3 years, $4M AAV)

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Most Jets fans have been begging for Chevy to build a better bottom 6 for years. Getting a guy like Nino for reasonable term and value playing in the bottom 6 is exactly how you start to build that. The trio of Nino, Lowry and Appleton is the Jets second best line overall.
Yeah, why get a 2C, 1RHD, or top 6 RW… lets get yet another bottom 6 LW and over pay him….Chevy is way past his best before date… he really needs to go

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yeah, why get a 2C, 1RHD, or top 6 RW… lets get yet another bottom 6 LW and over pay him….Chevy is way past his best before date… he really needs to go
we didn't overpay him, we already had him... were set on top 6 wingers, nobody is giving up a 1rhd lol... and this doesn't prevent us from going out and finding a 2c, I swear the reason you are complaining about this deal is because nino shoots left lol

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Typical Chevy signing
Slightly overpaying a mediocre left handed player who doesn’t fill any of the teams actual needs.
At least this one isn’t a bottom liner…
You obviously have not seen Nino play. If you have ,well that speaks for itself. He is a very good checking 3rd liner that can score. At todays prices for players this deal is on par with the rest of the NHL.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Totally right, 2C, 1RHD, and top 6 RW are just waiting to be traded for for almost nothing in exchange.:huh:
Why do so many people not get the concept that to get good players in a trade you have to give up a lot? When you add that most NHL players have Winnipeg on there no trade list Chevy's options are very limited.
BTW, I was hoping for Chevy to be replaced last summer. He's had a good run in the Peg but it's time for the team to move in a new direction.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Batman hates Chevy, so he will disagree with any move he makes.
No trade clauses in the contract and extended for slightly less than the going rate.
More points, playing on the 3rd line, than that pld guy Chevy traded to LA for less than half the AAV.
Even if he falls off after 2 seasons, Chevy could still probably get a 2nd at the TD.
Another good signing.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How is this an overpay? This is how much players with his production are worth. It's in line with Iafallo, Foligno, Colton, Debrusk etc. with similar contracts.

Niederreiter also tends to have pretty strong analytics.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm really disappointed they didn't finish this tweet off with "GIVE ME CONTRACT I DESIRE!" Then again, I'm not sure I'd be eager to tempt Metallica with a potential copyright complaint either.

Congrats to Nino. He never did become the 60 point player I thought he'd be, but he's still a god middle-6 forward, and has earned a decent deal.
I think it's implied to be "give me nino niederreiter" a la "give me timo f-ing meier"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad