Proposal: WPG/Detroit and ANA/Detroit

CKJohn

Apr 23, 2007
I actually heard on the news yesterday that the Wings and Ducks were speaking revolving around Fowler. Too bad it didn't mention what Detroit would be sending back.

I would be ecstatic to add Fowler to our D

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
maybe...but will he fit into the system? Not sure. We all thought Hagelin would be a great fit too but he wasn't. I don't doubt Tartar's skill but that may be only one factor that GMBM is looking for in exchange for Fowler. Time will tell.

The ducks system fits him more imo

TheRedMachine

Feb 5, 2016
First, you must know that Detroit doesn't do burn downs and build ups...if you are hoping for that you'll be disappointed.

Second, #1's are not available...you are lucky to get a #2 if you can.

Third, Fowler is 24 and hardly a stop gap.

Anyway, Fowler is one of the few #2's available and he cannot be given away for less than the market will bear. Like it or not, the Hall trade today set a high bar. If Detroit wants to significantly upgrade their D they will have to pay. That much is clear.

Because I loath the emphasis placed on our playoff streak, no, it would not be "lucky" to get a #2 as you put it.

It has nothing to do with liking the price of Dmen so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

I don't care what the trades did to the D market.

The Detroit Red Wings need to rebuild and stop delaying it by trading prospects with potential for players that don't do much for us.

Fowler is not the answer.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The more I think about a deal around Tatar, the less I like the idea. He's an RFA next summer in line for a substantial raise, one that only stands to grow if he has success here. The Ducks budget situation doesn't look any easier for next year, trading Fowler for Tatar just feels like slapping a cheap temporary band aid on the problem. I think we need to target a forward on an ELC or cost controlled bridge.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
There isn't really any way Detroit can address the loss of Datsyuk at this point, so lets assume they use their cap space to sign a couple of overpaid forwards (Okposo for 7, Nielsen for 5) and then are able to move their more palatable wingers to address their defense. Are these deals fair and sensible?

To Detroit: Trouba
To Winnipeg: Dekeyser and Nyquist/Tatar

Winnipeg gets a #2/3 LHD and a good winger. Detroit gets a younger RHD.

To Detroit: Fowler
To Anaheim: Nyquist/Tatar, Jurco/Pulkkinen, 1st (lottery protected) or 2nd

Detroit gets a young LHD on a good contract; Anaheim gets a good 2nd winger on a good contract, a cheap 3rd line wing, and a pick.

Detroit then uses capspace to overpay Okposo/Nielsen and get a cheap Vanek to make up the difference.

Depending on what Holland does this summer, Detroit could easily be a lottery team and the odds that Detroit adds their 2017 1st round pick right now is pretty slim. We might add the 2017 2nd rounder but i doubt we add the 1st rounder though i would definitely consider it in a deal for Jacob Trouba.

Still think a deal involving Tatar+Pulkkinen for Fowler is a fair deal, But if Ducks GM Bob Murray even wants Mantha and something else for Fowler i would definitely consider that to.

I would definitely do something around DeKeyser+Nyquist for Trouba would even definitely include a pick if Kevin Cheveldayoff wanted it. Trouba will be definitely worth it i would gladly give him 7x7 easily for what he would bring to the team. It would be sweet to bring both Fowler and Trouba home to Detroit that would already solidify our backend there.

Man it would be a dream come true to add both Fowler and Trouba, But no way can we depend on Holland to get that much involved either one would be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad