Proposal: WPG/Detroit and ANA/Detroit

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Would Ducks fans do Tatar + Ouellet + 2nd for Fowler? Not really sure there is room for Ouellet with Theodore coming up but he is a quality guy that can be squeaked through expansion and at the very least rotate into the lineup next season.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I'd rather take Pulkkinen and drop the second rounder.

I'd do that. Though I think the cost will still be more along the lines of Tatar + 1st; maybe even more. We saw how the Oilers/Devils trade went down and recently Tyler Wright of the Wings, stated that the cost of Dmen right now is a "kidney."

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Honestly, I think it would cost Sheahan and Athanasiou. I just don't see the Ducks being interested in a small forward like Tartar.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Lol
No

I'm to high on AA to trade him for anything less than a overpayment.

And you don't think getting a #2 D is not fair value? Larsson just returned Taylor Hall so I think the price of poker has just gone up for quality young D.

sounds like Drew Doughty, Erik Karlsson or bust then!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I certainly understand not wanting to give up an asset like AA, but tomd has something of a point. Detroit has an embarassment of riches like Edmonton did and you gotta pay to play. That said I'm pretty convinced that Edmonton could've benefited from waiting for higher value. Or tried negotiating harder. I don't think the Hall trade should be the benchmark for D>W swaps

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Honestly, I think it would cost Sheahan and Athanasiou. I just don't see the Ducks being interested in a small forward like Tartar.

You're welcome to Sheahan but not Jurco. Also, I wouldn't really hold Tatar's size against him. He's scrappy. Reminiscent of former Duck Kunitz.

TheRedMachine

Feb 5, 2016
And you don't think getting a #2 D is not fair value? Larsson just returned Taylor Hall so I think the price of poker has just gone up for quality young D.

sounds like Drew Doughty, Erik Karlsson or bust then!

And I care why?

AA is a solid young player. The wings need to rebuild.
I'm of the burn it down and build it back up crowd. So no intrest in trading for more plug n play stop gaps.

Wings don't need a #2 they need a #1.

Keep the youth. Trade the rest. Draft and develop.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
And I care why?

AA is a solid young player. The wings need to rebuild.
I'm of the burn it down and build it back up crowd. So no intrest in trading for more plug n play stop gaps.

Wings don't need a #2 they need a #1.

Keep the youth. Trade the rest. Draft and develop.

First, you must know that Detroit doesn't do burn downs and build ups...if you are hoping for that you'll be disappointed.

Second, #1's are not available...you are lucky to get a #2 if you can.

Third, Fowler is 24 and hardly a stop gap.

Anyway, Fowler is one of the few #2's available and he cannot be given away for less than the market will bear. Like it or not, the Hall trade today set a high bar. If Detroit wants to significantly upgrade their D they will have to pay. That much is clear.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Sure. Detroit seems to be overpaying a fair bit so why not?

Yeah. That's what we're doing. Overpayyyingg ;)

Jurco might not even want to play for the wings if he doesn't get ice time next year. So that's nothing we lose. Nyquist or Tatar is a given. And a draft pick. Id say it's fair for both sides. Probably In favor of us honestly

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

The ducks have centers. And while aa is promising. Tatar is proven

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Trouba is worth significantly more than Dekeyser. He's younger, with a ton of upside, and is already better. This one's not close. Nyquist doesn't make up the difference when the last thing the Jets need is middle-6 wingers.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The ducks have centers. And while aa is promising. Tatar is proven

Again, look at the Ducks...they just don't do 5'10" top 6 forwards. They don't draft them and they don't trade for them. This has been the case since BM became GM...is Tartar so good that they would start now? Don't think so...

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
I don't think the price for Fowler went up after what we saw today in Edmonton. It's been sky high the whole time.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah no way does AA get moved in any deal for Fowler or Shattenkirk for that fact.

As always lately when this comes up I seriously doubt AA is an untouchable guy for the Wings. I don't think they want to move them but if they like what the other assets are on cost meaning that AA's potential really was accounted for in the deal I bet they move him for players of the Fowler, Trouba and Shattenkirk ilk. He doesn't kill a trade for the organization even if he is the flavor of the month that has turned into over my dead body with our fan-base.

I think they can do a deal without him. Once we are including Tatar/Nyquist it really should drop him out of the conversation and the Ducks and Blues don't want future potential there as much as they want one of the Wings best two goal scorers over the last three seasons averaging close to 25 year in terms of each guy even with the down seasons last year.

I actually think Nyquist/Tatar are good fits with the Ducks. They have the size around them there to really free up some space. Nyquist in particular would do well with their top 6 centers. He misses the space Franzen used to create for him on ice in my opinion.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
As always lately when this comes up I seriously doubt AA is an untouchable guy for the Wings. I don't think they want to move them but if they like what the other assets are on cost meaning that AA's potential really was accounted for in the deal I bet they move him for players of the Fowler, Trouba and Shattenkirk ilk. He doesn't kill a trade for the organization even if he is the flavor of the month that has turned into over my dead body with our fan-base.

I think they can do a deal without him. Once we are including Tatar/Nyquist it really should drop him out of the conversation and the Ducks and Blues don't want future potential there as much as they want one of the Wings best two goal scorers over the last three seasons averaging close to 25 year in terms of each guy even with the down seasons last year.

I actually think Nyquist/Tatar are good fits with the Ducks. They have the size around them there to really free up some space. Nyquist in particular would do well with their top 6 centers. He misses the space Franzen used to create for him on ice in my opinion.

Reasonable response.

Nyquist makes far too much for the Ducks internal cap. One of the reasons the Ducks would move Fowler is to free up cap space to pay for Lindholm/Rackell. Nyquist actually costs them cap space to acquire. A non-starter I think.

Tartar is interesting but he just doesn't fit the mold of what BM is building. As I said earlier, BM doesn't draft these kinds of players nor has he really ever traded for them. Why does he start now for a valuable chip like Fowler?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Again, look at the Ducks...they just don't do 5'10" top 6 forwards. They don't draft them and they don't trade for them. This has been the case since BM became GM...is Tartar so good that they would start now? Don't think so...

He could potentially be the top point producer in Anaheim. At worst he would be the 3rd. So. Yeah Tatar is pretty good

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Trouba is worth significantly more than Dekeyser. He's younger, with a ton of upside, and is already better. This one's not close. Nyquist doesn't make up the difference when the last thing the Jets need is middle-6 wingers.

The only thing true in this statement is the age....that's it...Nyquist and DD for Trouba is overpayment for Detroit

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
He could potentially be the top point producer in Anaheim. At worst he would be the 3rd. So. Yeah Tatar is pretty good

maybe...but will he fit into the system? Not sure. We all thought Hagelin would be a great fit too but he wasn't. I don't doubt Tartar's skill but that may be only one factor that GMBM is looking for in exchange for Fowler. Time will tell.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
maybe...but will he fit into the system? Not sure. We all thought Hagelin would be a great fit too but he wasn't. I don't doubt Tartar's skill but that may be only one factor that GMBM is looking for in exchange for Fowler. Time will tell.

We just let Haglin go too early imo. He was starting to play better right before we traded him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad