Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Adam Lowry signs extension (3 year, $2.917M AAV)

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
It’s a great deal for the Jets, Lowry is one of the premier checking line centers in the NHL. Calling him a “bottom six” center, while perhaps technically accurate (especially when you’ve got the Jets’ forward depth) - it really doesnt illustrate Lowry’s full importance. It’s basically Tierney’s deal (just to compare to another recent signing) plus an extra year and Lowry is flat out a better hockey player than Tierney.

Frankly there’s probably a bunch of centers who are considered second line centers by their respective teams that I’d still take Lowry over in terms of overall impact in the ice.
Most underrated piece of the Jets puzzle IMO. He's a premier defensive C who drives a line. I'd actually be interested to see the results of him between Ehlers and Laine

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Less term and AAV than I was expecting. I thought that it would be closer to 3.75M for 5 years.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Nice sample size ya got there.

Lowry brings way more than scoring to the team, I'm very happy with this deal.

What do you mean? Thats his stats in the last playoffs, no sampling here, I just used hockeydb. No need to get defensive!

If we think about 25 y old #3C, I think the habs / sharks / sens had better deal with Danault / Tierney / Pageau on their RFA contracts... But nothing catastrophic, like I said.

Maybe he'll do a Eric Haula of himself and prove me wrong, but I don't see it.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Most underrated piece of the Jets puzzle IMO. He's a premier defensive C who drives a line. I'd actually be interested to see the results of him between Ehlers and Laine
I've wanted this for so long. Lowry over Little any day of the week for me.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Less term and AAV than I was expecting. I thought that it would be closer to 3.75M for 5 years.

Lowry will be 25 for basically the entire 18-19 season which means when he hits the end of his next contract he will have only just turned 28. If he stays healthy and maintains his role on a powerhouse Jets team, he’s setting himself up to get seriously paid the next go-around as a big, sought after center with what should be all kinds of playoff experience against the best lines in the NHL.

It’s a smart bet on himself and a good deal in the meantime for the Jets who need to be wise with their spending.

Reactions: ERYX and Flair Hay

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
He was injured the last 17 games. He put in one great playoff game, over and above what could be expected with his injury (he hit them hard), and that win enabled the Jets to get past the Preds. That alone was worth $3 million in gate for the Jets.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He was injured the last 17 games. He put in one great playoff game, over and above what could be expected with his neck injury (he hit them hard) and that win enabled the Jets to get past the Preds. That alone was worth $3 million in gate for the Jets.

Didn't know he was injured? That could explain his lack of production in the PO, then.

What injury did he had? Can't find anything about it.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
What do you mean? Thats his stats in the last playoffs, no sampling here, I just used hockeydb. No need to get defensive!

If we think about 25 y old #3C, I think the habs / sharks / sens had better deal with Danault / Tierney / Pageau on their RFA contracts... But nothing catastrophic, like I said.

Maybe he'll do a Eric Haula of himself and prove me wrong, but I don't see it.

This is real life and not the reality of EA Sports. Why comment if you obviously haven't seen the player in action? Lowry is not comparable to the players you list.

Reactions: Snowman

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Didn't know he was injured? That could explain his lack of production in the PO, then.

Nothing 100% but believed to be a separated shoulder that he hurt earlier in the year, ended up re-injuring it around March/April

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
This is real life and not the reality of EA Sports. Why comment if you obviously haven't seen the player in action? Lowry is not comparable to the players you list.

Yes he is? How is he not a comparable to Danault/Pageau?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

Don't know exactly but it was mentioned on the Jet's board. Could be just a sore body that needed rest. As an example, Armia was not the good Armia but we found out he played with a bad knee after the season was over. I don't understand why these guys don't rest when they are hurting.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Good contract although the term could be a little longer
Happy to have another RFA locked up

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Good contract although I'd have liked to sign him longer.
That's 2 of the 3 big 1s with arbitration rights signed before their dates. Now Chevy just needs to sign Trouba before his. Tanev & Dano are minor pieces so let the arbitrator decide if they even merit their qualifier.
& please sign Morrissey long term so we can count on him being in the fold. The sooner the better as he'll only improve.

There's about $18 million left now with about 4 earmarked for bonuses. Chevy & his team of #s crunchers will have to be creative.

Reactions: north49er

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Isn't this kind of steep? Not saying he's not worth it, but can the Jets afford him? SHouldn't they be trading these kind of players while keeping the core like how the Hawks got rid of Shaw when the time came for a raise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad