Wouldn't it be smarter to get a good LW for...

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Grow up I saw him play-And he played center for most 3 yrs in nhl.Do your homework and educate yourself.The canadiens had wingers Cournoyer,Larose,Houle,Roberto,Arnason,Roberts and with retirement of Beliveau and trade of Backstrom to La.Montreal was short on Center and Bowman decided to put Lafleur at center.As Claude Ruel said Lafleur was playing and not complaining.So please know what your talking about before saying it.The site becomes less credible when you talk BS

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I guess it would be a situation where a team really wants a star center and has an abundance of star wingers? And maybe they could be tight on cap space, and would rather have a potential star center on his ELC than a more proven more costly winger on his 2nd deal ?

Just thinking out loud..

I realize you're just thinking out loud, I hate to break the news too you.... But Galchenyuk isn't a star center... Not even a star player... Just a promising high draft pick... Cammalleri will still sell more hockey sticks with his name on it than Galchenyuk.

Star Player, see Subban, Price, Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Chara, Bergeron, St. Louis, Datsyuk, Weber.....ect... ect... I apologize to die hard chuckie fans but his name does not come up on list of star players yet.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
If you could read, you would know that the prospect of moving Plekanec to the wing was not to give DD the number one spot but to see if he could handle more defensive responsibilites, as well as evaluating Galchenyuks progress at center.

Reading is fundamental Matthew.

The main idea was still moving one of our center to the wing because we have too much centers and yet, I don't know if it was your idea but the thread was suggesting to move our BEST center to a position he has never played before and wouldn't be as effective so we can keep DD as our 1st center. You can try to twist it all you want but in the end, the idea of moving Plekanec to the wingers was to keep DD as a (1st)center.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I realize you're just thinking out loud, I hate to break the news too you.... But Galchenyuk isn't a star center... Not even a star player... Just a promising high draft pick... Cammalleri will still sell more hockey sticks with his name on it than Galchenyuk.

Star Player, see Subban, Price, Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Chara, Bergeron, St. Louis, Datsyuk, Weber.....ect... ect... I apologize to die hard chuckie fans but his name does not come up on list of star players yet.

Yeah.. I don't think you understand what potential mean.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Trading Galchenyuk would be like trading McDonagh...oh wait, we already did that. Guess what happened? It ****ed us. Litteraly.

If you want us to go back at 10 years ago, that might be a great idea.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Eliminate DD's competition!

After seeing a thread about PLekanec on the wing.

We have now a trade Galchenyuk thread.

Seriously. Some people still think having DD as a first center is a good idea to win the cup?

FFS, Koivu was better than DD, Plekanec was better than DD and we didn't win any cup. The problem was that our first center was too small. Now we got even smaller and what I see is:

First line: Pacioretty-DD-whoever

Like it's some kind of winning duo that could never be broken up and **** the rest. Do what you want but DO NOT MOVE DD away from that line. Move Plek to the wing, trade Eller, trade Galchenyuk, just don't touch our first line duo.

Why are you so sensitive to the subject? There's "Trade DD for a 7th round pick" posts happening daily. Someone brought a different opinion that 99.9% of us don't even agree with but man after hearing "BUYOUT DD" for the last 2 years hearing about anything else is a breath of fresh air. It still won't happen but we have something else to ponder for a bit.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
The main idea was still moving one of our center to the wing because we have too much centers and yet, I don't know if it was your idea but the thread was suggesting to move our BEST center to a position he has never played before and wouldn't be as effective so we can keep DD as our 1st center. You can try to twist it all you want but in the end, the idea of moving Plekanec to the wingers was to keep DD as a (1st)center.

No.

Now you're just being stubborn.
First of all he was drafted as a winger.

2nd, it would be to see, as I mentionned, how DD fares in a different role. Seeing that nobody wants to see the smallest guy/worst shooter on the tean on the wing, that Eller sucks on the wing, and that Plekanec played the majority of his hockey career as a LW, it would make sense.

3. If DD thrives with more defensive responsibilities, his value goes up, Pacioretty too as he always plays with him. Eller & Plekanec get more offensive zone starts, more points, their value go up as well. Trade whoever is not needed for a greater return.

4. Galchenyuk gets a shot at 3rd line center with Plekanec having his back, teaching him how to do it.

5. If it doesnt work, back to the way it was.

Do you see an hidden DD first line center forever agenda in here?

You are the one who is getting his Twister on, Matthew.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Having Lars, DD and Plekanec locked for 2-3 more years is actually great for Chucky's slow but steady development. We could end up with two of the best LW.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Close your eyes guys, I got this.

giphy.gif

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Why are you so sensitive to the subject? There's "Trade DD for a 7th round pick" posts happening daily. Someone brought a different opinion that 99.9% of us don't even agree with but man after hearing "BUYOUT DD" for the last 2 years hearing about anything else is a breath of fresh air. It still won't happen but we have something else to ponder for a bit.

How can I not be sensitive in a thread about trading our potential best center in the past 15 years. The kid haven't got the chance to prove as a center yet we have a thread about trading him away for a winger. Having a true, big 1st center was our problem in the past 20 years. We could have one in our hand yet we rather use a center who upside is much lower and rather die with him.

No.

Now you're just being stubborn.
First of all he was drafted as a winger.

2nd, it would be to see, as I mentionned, how DD fares in a different role. Seeing that nobody wants to see the smallest guy/worst shooter on the tean on the wing, that Eller sucks on the wing, and that Plekanec played the majority of his hockey career as a LW, it would make sense.

3. If DD thrives with more defensive responsibilities, his value goes up, Pacioretty too as he always plays with him. Eller & Plekanec get more offensive zone starts, more points, their value go up as well. Trade whoever is not needed for a greater return.

4. Galchenyuk gets a shot at 3rd line center with Plekanec having his back, teaching him how to do it.

5. If it doesnt work, back to the way it was.

Do you see an hidden DD first line center forever agenda in here?

You are the one who is getting his Twister on, Matthew.

So... you still think its a good idea to send Plekanec to the wings.:laugh: The center that we cannot afford to lose as a center as of today is Plekanec.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
How can I not be sensitive in a thread about trading our potential best center in the past 15 years. The kid haven't got the chance to prove as a center yet we have a thread about trading him away for a winger. Having a true, big 1st center was our problem in the past 20 years. We could have one in our hand yet we rather use a center who upside is much lower and rather die with him.

So... you still think its a good idea to send Plekanec to the wings.:laugh: The center that we cannot afford to lose as a center as of today is Plekanec.

To what extent? We never played on a long stretch without him. Lets find out.

We cant have a center like Desharnais hogging all the offensive zone starts because he is that much of a one dimensional player. Pacioretty tells us DD is underrated defensively, well lets see that defensive game. Lets give our best overall forward more looks in the o-zone

We're not losing him, Matthew.
If you read point no. 5 you would know.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Close your eyes guys, I got this.

giphy.gif

I make too much sense. Nobody can come up with a real answer, and im now starting to believe the word experiment is too complicated for the majority of the posters here. You got nothing, and thats why you resort to post gifs of gun-caressing children. I should report you. This is sick.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
I would resort to circle jerking too if I didnt have anything constructive to add.

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
I'm of the opinion that Gally will find his niche on the wing if not given an opportunity at center. No point in trading him, he only adds to a lacking depth at center. Plus he's young. Once DD's contract is up he will only be 24. It's also not impossible to consider moving DD, Eller or Pleks to the wing before trading Gally.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Subban
Bourque - Plekanec - Parenteau
Sekac - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Eller - Weise
Moen - Malholtra - Bournival

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Just because you think outside the box doesn't mean it will happen.

We have a thread about trading him for a proven star winger. There's no promise he even becomes a star at wing or C. Proven is always better.

Still, like I said, just because you allow the thought to stay in your brain for more than 2 seconds doesn't mean your brain will explode.

I would rather keep Galchenyuk but it's off-season, can't blame people for just wanting to present new ideas.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Just because you think outside the box doesn't mean it will happen.

We have a thread about trading him for a proven star winger. There's no promise he even becomes a star at wing or C. Proven is always better.

Still, like I said, just because you allow the thought to stay in your brain for more than 2 seconds doesn't mean your brain will explode.

I would rather keep Galchenyuk but it's off-season, can't blame people for just wanting to present new ideas.

There's new idea and stupid idea that does not help the team at all.

And how does having a star winger makes us closer to the stanley cup? Trading Galchenyuk away would pull us back 5 years again. Even if we trade Galchenyuk for a legit winger like Nash or Sharp or a winger like that, do you honestly think we are in a better position to win the cup in the next 5-7 years? Do you honestly think we will get a chance to win the cup with DD/Plekanec or DD/Eller in the next 5 years-7 years. No, we would looking for a 1st center AGAIN and we won't get it by a trade. Unless our GM pulls a Carter/Richards kind of trade.. but then we would have to trade our wingers to get these kind of players... then what? Back to square one.

It still baffle me that some people still think you can win a cup without a legit first center. Yes we don't know how good Galchenyuk will become, that doesn't mean we should sacrifice him to get a proven winger. Wingers are much more easier to find than a legit center. Just look at those center that won the cup in the past year. They well all drafted by their teams. Kopitar, Toews, Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf, Staal, Datsyuk, Krejci, Bergeron, Lecavalier... Coincidence? I don't think so.

We could potentially have one, maybe not as good but potentially very good and you think the idea to trade him for a winger, without giving him a single ****ing chance to play center is subject we should be discussing on? How is that a smart move?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad