Friedman: 'Wouldn't be surprised if Flames are interested in OEL and Kuemper'

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Boy, hope not. Neither of those guys will be worth the cost of keeping or getting.

That said, OEL could use a change of scenery.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
I can't believe some of the posts in this thread. Gaudreau or Monahan for OEL? just lol

In 2 years, OEL's contract will be seen as one of, if not the worst in the league. He isn't young. He no longer pushes possession, and that's a sign of a player already on the downturn of his career.

If the Coyotes are trading OEL, they should get nothing of value in return at best.

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I can't believe some of the posts in this thread. Gaudreau or Monahan for OEL? just lol

In 2 years, OEL's contract will be seen as one of, if not the worst in the league. He isn't young. He no longer pushes possession, and that's a sign of a player already on the downturn of his career.

If the Coyotes are trading OEL, they should get nothing of value in return at best.
That's a pretty weak assessment. OEL is definitely no spring chicken but 2 years? Maybe in 5, I suspect OEL's problems have more to do with RT than being 29.

If us Coyotes fans felt we were getting a new coach we wouldn't be looking to move OEL, just to strip the C off his sweater but a lot of us suspect RT is here for at least another year. Go watch replays of our season, even when we were winning in the first half of the year. We don't have a system in place and other teams use that to walk all over us. That's a coaching issue and reports say OEL and RT are like oil and water. That's why OEL looks like donkey doodoo, not because he's 29.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Crowded market for sure but Kuemper has been the best goalie in the NHL since Jan 2019, both in GAA and SV%.
Too bad its wins that actually mean something. I get Kuemper has been good, but I don't see a team paying "best goalie in the league" prices for Kuemper.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Think OEL to the Rangers would make total sense.

Kuemper, he should get traded to Edmonton or Buffalo. But this is an interesting off-season for goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad