Would you wear this cage in a game?

Droid6

Feb 7, 2012
Norfolk, VA
I just got this cage and am on the edge how I feel about it. I'm going to play a game in it and see if my eyes feel like they are in danger.

401985_3259098197726_1275274085_3401120_579599023_n.jpg

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Goalie or skater? It looks like a skater helmet, but a goalie mask.

Either way, I'd be worried about errant sticks. Also, the eye opening looks way to wide to be truly protective, but that's hard to tell without really seeing it in person.

Droid6

Feb 7, 2012
Norfolk, VA
Goalie or skater? It looks like a skater helmet, but a goalie mask.

Either way, I'd be worried about errant sticks. Also, the eye opening looks way to wide to be truly protective, but that's hard to tell without really seeing it in person.

It's a skaters cage and the eyeholes are small enough to stop a puck but not a stick.

BHDefensiveForward

Feb 1, 2012
I would sooner get run over by a pink zamboni than wear that helmet and have one nostril bigger than the other. ;) Looks cool though!

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
That cage can't be "legal". I wouldn't wear it even if it was though. Is it even a cage for hockey?

vapor11

Aug 15, 2011
You sure that is a hockey cage?..I wouldn't wear it but at the same time I wouldn't wear a visor and stick to a full cage for pickup

Looks like a cricket mask :laugh:

Droid6

Feb 7, 2012
Norfolk, VA
It's absolutely a hockey cage and it is not a certified cage. Wearing a visor is more dangerous than this thing but I've been wearing a visor/cage and I have to lift it on the bench so I don't suffocate. I had a standard square hole cage but I didn't like the lack of visibility.

dwreckm

Feb 2, 2012
Alaska
The guys I play with don't chirp much, but I have a feeling I'd never heard the end of it even after I stopped wearing that one.

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
That's not a hockey cage, that looks to me like it's a BoxLacrosse cage. It's meant to be screwed onto the helmet not held weirdly by chin strap. Also your chin guard souldn't be attached to you helmet, but rather it should be tight on your chin with a gap between your cage and guard.

Droid6

Feb 7, 2012
Norfolk, VA

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
dafuq.jpg

It'll protect you better than having NOTHING I guess, but it won't protect you from the barrage of insults you'll face or nearly as well as a good hockey cage would. I've never even seen anything like that before. It looks like a puck would go right through, as well as a stick blade.

Droid6

Feb 7, 2012
Norfolk, VA
I don't see the point of that cage. Little protection and it looks kinda dumb. No sell.

I'm old enough to not care what something looks like and if someone else thinks it looks dumb but as far as protection I would disagree that it does little. It will stop a puck from crushing your teeth or eye out which is real important to me. Yeah a stick could get in there but even then it would lessen the chance of getting a shot to the eye compared to wearing nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad