Would you want Joe back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunFromTheBear

Jun 20, 2010
If the Kelly injury is serious, would you want Joe Thornton back?

If he doesn't fit into the cap next year, just buy him out and he ends up costing about $7-8M for this season. Not that outrageous, considering that's not much more than he would have cost if he was here all year. Plus, it's not my money.

Seguin - Thornton - Lucic
Marchand - Bergeron - Peverley/Krejci
Horton - Peverley/Krejci - Paille

Ideally we would add another forward or the Kelly injury wouldn't be severe.

If San Jose starts to faulter more, I wonder what it would take to get him. San Jose could always resign him if the Bruins were to buy him out. What would you offer?

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I salivate at the thought of Joe Thornton in a secondary scoring role, you guys are nuts!

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm sentimental for our old players, so of course I'd say yes. But the practical side of it just doesn't work with the money he is making and our cap space going forward.

I love the idea of him coming back here and winning a Cup though!! :handclap:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I'd take him back if he made about 4 million less per season.

7 Million a year for a third line center?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
no way!
i dont need to see him smiling and laughing in the handshake line again after getting upset in the playoffs.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
and let's not forget his playoff style.

InvisibleJoe.jpg

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I just.... This place

Gotham City had The Dent Act. We need The Thornton Act here. Anyone found guilty of starting a Thornton thread goes to Black Gate prison or has to walk on thin ice.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Any other team than the Bruins should love to pick this guy up for a playoff run. Put him in a second line position and he would do well, IMO.

But in Boston? It would be a distraction and a circus.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
I just.... This place

Gotham City had The Dent Act. We need The Thornton Act here. Anyone found guilty of starting a Thornton thread goes to Black Gate prison or has to walk on thin ice.

This. Every time a Bruins player suffers from a damn hangnail someone starts a thread wondering if that means it's time to get Thornton back.

No... just stop.

Thornton is never going to wear black and gold again. It's just not going to happen. It's not even an interesting "What if?" seeing as we've already won a Cup without him and a $7m player isn't the kind of thing you just add for depth and giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad