Would you want all 3 Subbans on your team ?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Hell no. The Kostitsyn experiment failed.

We need hockey players, not sideshow attractions. PK is enough.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Hell no. The Kostitsyn experiment failed.

We need hockey players, not sideshow attractions. PK is enough.

PK is enough??!! (I want another PK Subban on this team...I want another J.Tinordi on our Habs....and I would have drafted Jordan Subban, no doubt...ESPECIALLY IN 4th RND...I would have traded a 5th to move up to insure we get Jordan in early 4th rnd...maybe the Habs didn't want him unless it was in 5th Rnd?).

PK is the main reason for our last TWO Conference Finals.
(not a sideshow).

Jordan as a sideshow? He seems shy in interviews...no signs of a sideshow. PK is not a sideshow...he's just not boring...he has lots of charisma (whether I like him or not...of course I'm a huge fan!). PK Subban's the main reason I believe in Cup #25 (Price also gives me hope).

Before PK Subban (and Price)...who gave you hope?
(Theodore?! Ribeiro?! Brisebois?! often-injured-Markov? The Kostitsyns?! it's been pretty depressing since Roy was booed and traded). I've been waiting and waiting and waiting...we finally have TWO star/superstar players who can help us go after Cup #25 (PK Subban and Price...the rest will have no choice but to follow their lead or GTFO!).

Still wish Habs drafted Jordan Subban...but not end of world since Hab scouts drafted lots of solid prospects (McCarron, Fucale, De La Rose,etc), but...it would have been a perfect Habs' draft (imo) had they drafted Jordan. We had plenty of chances to do so but won't linger on this too much....at least for now!

Last edited:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
PK is enough??!! (I want another PK Subban on this team...I want another J.Tinordi on our Habs....and I would have drafted Jordan Subban, no doubt).

PK is the main reason for our last TWO Conference Finals.
(not a sideshow).

Jordan as a sideshow? He seems shy in interviews...no signs of a sideshow. PK is not a sideshow...he's just not boring...he has lots of charisma (whether I like him or not...of course I'm a huge fan!). PK Subban's the main reason I believe in Cup #25 (Price also gives me hope).

Before PK Subban (and Price)...who gave you hope?
(Theodore?! Ribeiro?! Brisebois?! often-injured-Markov? The Kostitsyns?! it's been pretty depressing since Roy was booed and traded). I've been waiting and waiting and waiting...we finally have TWO star/superstar players who can help us go after Cup #25 (PK Subban and Price...the rest will have no choice but to follow their lead or GTFO!).

Still wish Habs drafted Jordan Subban...but not end of world since Hab scouts drafted lots of solid prospects (McCarron, Fucale, De La Rose,etc), but...it would have been a perfect Habs' draft (imo) had they drafted Jordan. We had plenty of chances to do so but won't linger on this too much....at least for now!

My bad. Upon reading my post again, it does appear that I called PK a sideshow.

Correction, PK is not a sideshow.

However, the media would go ape **** crazy with his brother(s) on the team. I feel the distraction might be a bit much.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
My bad. Upon reading my post again, it does appear that I called PK a sideshow.

Correction, PK is not a sideshow.

However, the media would go ape **** crazy with his brother(s) on the team. I feel the distraction might be a bit much.

I'm not a Hab fan who wanted all three...since we have Price for (probably) another 6-7 seasons or maybe more (and Fucale could be as good as Malcom?), and...not going to nag everyone here about it forever;), but...I'm one of those who really really wanted the Habs to draft Jordan (2nd or 3rd Rnd)...and when I saw where he was selected (4th Rnd? I think)...I cringed a bit since we had plenty of chances to get him. Oh well...for now I'll make my self feel better thinking he's not more than 5'8-5'9, but there were many dmen who had success that weren't more than 5'10 (ex: Phil Housley), and Jordan is probably still growing!?

About sideshow:
with all three here in Mtl...ouf!! Could be crazy for media or crazy-fun?! maybe a fun sideshow, especially if all three just keep helping our Habs win!! Maybe it wouldn't be a sideshow? (maybe after some time it would be business as usual in Mtl...Galchenyuk, Scherbak and others would get lots of media attention). Not sure how Malcolm is in interviews but Jordan is very low-key/shy. But, having all three could also mean 2-3 Cups for our Habs!!! still have to wait to see how good Malcolm and Jordan will be, but I have a feeling...they will both be winners (all three may end up best Canadian NHL brothers since the Staals or the Sutters! and the Subban brothers also have a cousin who is supposed to be good!?). And for interviews...I've seen Jordan a few times and he seemed VERY low-key, humble and kind of shy/soft-spoken in interviews...this was more than a year ago, and this was just my feeling from his interview. First time I saw PK on the George Strombopoulos show I thought PK was super cocky, but love it when he kissed Pierre McGuire on the cheeks after our Habs beat the Bruins in 7...CLASSIC!!!! PURE CLASSIC!!!! You know PK wants the CUP...nobody looks happier and nobody has such a unique way of showing it!!!!! Not may NHLers kiss hockey media on the cheeks, but PK was ecstatic after beating the Bruins...so was I!!!!! (always amazing beating the Bruins...now PK and Price just have to lead the team a bit further to Cup Finals and win it all!!!).

And, wouldn't it be fun to see most brothers play for the same team?! Staal brothers all together!! (they're just missing Marc Staal!). Not sure it would be a sideshow with the Staals, especially if they put it all together to help team win...if they can focus on that...great stuff!! Anyways...we have PK! (and he was a die-hard Hab fan since he was born!! not sure it's the same with his brothers!?).

Another anyways...glad Jordan didn't go to the Leafs or join Malcom with the Bruins!! (actually...I'm surprised the Leafs or Bruins didn't go after him?! also surprised the Oilers didn't go after him?).

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Watching Jordan play the other night. The kid looks damn good, though he defensive game needs work as he's a bit too one dimensional right now, but his first showing was rather impressive. He certainly plays a similar game as PK, albeit nowhere near his level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad