Would you want all 3 Subbans on your team ?

Neilnm

Dec 13, 2009
Montreal
Explosion of winning attitude or uncontrollable craziness ?

After seeing P.K. Subban's brothers last night, one scoring his first goal on his first shot in his first game and the other making some key saves, it made me think about the question, what if we, the Canadiens, had all 3 of them ?

I have always been a supportor of Subban's winning attitude. I rather see someone who is difficult to control, because he cares about the game and his game, then someone like Pouliot who didn't even seem to be happy to be playing hockey.

Thoughts ?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It was kind of weird how the Habs didn't draft Jordan Subban, he was selected way down, seems like a good bet for the 4th round.

For me, I'd take them on the team if they each earned their respective position. Jordan might be good enough to make our D one day. Malcolm Subban is less likely to surpass Price.

PricePkPatch*

Okay.. We manage, somehow, to acquire Malcom through UFA..

We trade Price for.. Err.. 33 yr old Malkin

We sign Diaz, and trade.him to Vancouver for Jordan :-D

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
His brothers are far more calm and relaxed. PK is the lightning rod.

It'd be cool to see them together but I wouldn't go out of my way to make it happen. Maybe bring in Jordan if things go poorly in Vancouver, similar to what Carolina did with Jared.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It would be pretty cool on one condition.
Malcom and Jordan would have to drop their given names for a set of initials...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
From what I've read they all have very different personalities. And according to Malcom (and I'm paraphrasing): "PK was never the humble one."

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Yes.

Still disappointed we didn't get another 4th rounder to draft Jordan. Still I'm glad we have Reway.

Speaking of that draft, heinze sight is 20/2-0, but how could we miss hometown kid Anthony Duclaire in the 3rd round?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yes.

Still disappointed we didn't get another 4th rounder to draft Jordan. Still I'm glad we have Reway.

Speaking of that draft, heinze sight is 20/2-0, but how could we miss hometown kid Anthony Duclaire in the 3rd round?

He hasn't done anything yet. I'm still very skeptical of his hockey sense.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yes.

You said it yourself: Heinz sight is 20/20; you can't ketch up with the past.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I never thought Jordan would have chance because of his size. But damn, never count a Subban out.

Just saw the highlight from VAN's game last night and he looked pretty good out there. Played a very wise/safe game. Who knows, maybe he'll get to stick around for a few games.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think passing over J. Subban will end up being a huge mistake.

And if the Bruins would agree to a one for one deal Fucale-Subban, I'd pull the trigger. He looked very sharp yesterday.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

And if the Bruins would agree to a one for one deal Fucale-Subban, I'd pull the trigger. He looked very sharp yesterday.

we didn't pass over him, he was picked just before we picked Reway (unless you mean we should've taken him in earlier rounds?). I like to believe that if the Nucks didn't pick him there, we would have taken him. In the end I'm happy with Reway so far and hope Jordan turns out to be a good player (ala Krug/Barrie).

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
we didn't pass over him, he was picked just before we picked Reway (unless you mean we should've taken him in earlier rounds?). I like to believe that if the Nucks didn't pick him there, we would have taken him. In the end I'm happy with Reway so far and hope Jordan turns out to be a good player (ala Krug/Barrie).

I honesly feel like Bergevin had no intention to have more than one Subban on this team. He was probably glad to see the Canucks nab him right under his nose.

Still. I'd rather have him than Crisp in the system, and I think moving up in the draft should have been an option in the 4th round (or was it the 5th? I'm on my phone right now, too lazy to check). Then again, perhaps Bergevin did try to move up at that point or had the intention to pick him... We'll never know.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I see that as nothing but a publicity stunt if a team was to do that. The Staal trade to Carolina has hurt them more than helped them so far...they gave up too much and overpaid him.

Saintpatrick*

So would I. Malcolm looked very good last night. As for Jordan I also think it was a mistake not picking him. Yes he's small but he looks pretty talented to me.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
It was kind of weird how the Habs didn't draft Jordan Subban, he was selected way down, seems like a good bet for the 4th round.

For me, I'd take them on the team if they each earned their respective position. Jordan might be good enough to make our D one day. Malcolm Subban is less likely to surpass Price.

Not sure how you can say Mtl passed over Jordan when he was picked ahead of their pick in their 4th round, unless your sayign they should have valued you him as a 3rd pick of ealier...

Timmins after that draft hinted that they might have drafted Jordan if he hadn't pick with the pick right before them. I remember his quote being "missed him by 1" when asked about Jordan after that draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad