Would you want all 3 Subbans on your team ?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Not really interested in Malcolm since we have Carey and picked Chucky that year. But I'm disappointed we didn't take a flyer on Jordan. I'd rather have him than anyone we picked in the 3rd round or later in 2013. You just know with his skill, character, and bloodline that he'll make it.

I remember PK saying Jordan was the most skilled of the brothers.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
It was kind of weird how the Habs didn't draft Jordan Subban, he was selected way down, seems like a good bet for the 4th round.

For me, I'd take them on the team if they each earned their respective position. Jordan might be good enough to make our D one day. Malcolm Subban is less likely to surpass Price.

Weird? Dude, he's an offensive defenseman, 5'9 or 5'10.

We need more of those

For the record, Malcolm will be good but will be probably be traded on account of task being awesome. Jordan won't make the nhl full time or at best will be ryan ellis #2

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Not really interested in Malcolm since we have Carey and picked Chucky that year. But I'm disappointed we didn't take a flyer on Jordan. I'd rather have him than anyone we picked in the 3rd round or later in 2013. You just know with his skill, character, and bloodline that he'll make it.

I remember PK saying Jordan was the most skilled of the brothers.

A defenseman at a generous 5'10? If he wasn't a subban, nobody would give two *****. Malcolm is gonna be good but what's the point of wasting a first rounder on a goalie when you have price?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
A defenseman at a generous 5'10? If he wasn't a subban, nobody would give two *****. Malcolm is gonna be good but what's the point of wasting a first rounder on a goalie when you have price?

What's the point of wasting a #5 overall pick on a goalie when you have Theodore. I think we done good picking Fucale, but Malcolm is better. You have to have the next in line working his way up, it takes a long time for most goalies. I'd have taken Malcolm #33 if he was there instead of Collberg. But he wasn't. So moot.

Jordan... I won't count him out or anything, but so far I also like what we got with our picks, Crisp and Andrighetto ahead of him too.

I can't complain or see any easy way to have amassed the Subban Army... I would take them at their draft positions if I could, but not have gone out of my way to trade up to draft them, nor trade for them now.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Really impressed by Subban last night, a lot better then last season. Shows what a year in the AHL can do. I wouldn't say he is better and will be better than Fucale, but let's not forget he is a year ahead of Zachary right now so he has that going for him. Bruins are just like us well set up for the future in goal down the road

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It was kind of weird how the Habs didn't draft Jordan Subban, he was selected way down, seems like a good bet for the 4th round.

I believe the Habs said afterwards they planned on taking him with the 116th pick. However, Vancouver took him at 115. So we took Reway instead. You can't control what the other teams do at the draft table.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Explosion of winning attitude or uncontrollable craziness ?

After seeing P.K. Subban's brothers last night, one scoring his first goal on his first shot in his first game and the other making some key saves, it made me think about the question, what if we, the Canadiens, had all 3 of them ?

I have always been a supportor of Subban's winning attitude. I rather see someone who is difficult to control, because he cares about the game and his game, then someone like Pouliot who didn't even seem to be happy to be playing hockey.

Thoughts ?

Sure, why not? But I don't see how they can be united in the NHL.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I think Malcom busts, Jordan is still on the fence for me. I wouldn't go out of my way to acquire either of them, but through UFA I would maybe take a chance if the fit was there.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Still don't understand why our Habs didn't get Jordan Subban.
Jordan was on my list for late 1st Rnd or 2nd Rnd, but I'm no pro scout. Still...I was pissed when they didn't take him in 3rd Rnd (or early 4th).

Could have moved up a spot or two instead of going for Reway.
(Habs imo had many chances to go for Jordan...I guess he wasn't high on their list...lack of height?).

Fucale for Malcolm Subban in two or three years...!!

Beaulieu (+Reway?!) FOR Jordan Subban!!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
would i give up a lot to acquire Malcolm or Jordan Subban?

not likely.

Would i like to have all 3 in the organization?

absolutely.

What people seem to miss, consistently, about PK, is that he is as much a product of a ridiculously good work ethic, as he is "natural" talent.

it's no fluke that 3 boys from a first generation Canadian family all get drafted to the NHL… banking on character is always a smart move when it comes to prospects, and the Subbans have it in spades.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I think the Habs will try to get Jordan if they get the opportunity, much like they did with Olivier Latendresse (Not comparing Jordan to OL here btw) and many others, but I don't think they will go out of their way to make it happen tho.

Malcolm, I don't know... He's already stuck behind Rask and he would be stuck behind Price, you have a very limited number of slots available in one organisation for goalies. So that one seems unlikely to happen.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Why would Habs collect whole Subban-family? Subban fanatics on this board really are sometimes so cute with blindfolded fan boyism...

sholi2000

No One Gets Left Behind
May 26, 2013
Brandon, MB
www.sholi2000.com
I don't care one way or the other, however as a dad, if I had three boys and they all played on the Montreal Canadiens, I'd pack up this house and move to Montreal. I'm sure Mr. Subban would do the same thing.

sholi2000

No One Gets Left Behind
May 26, 2013
Brandon, MB
www.sholi2000.com
Why would Habs collect whole Subban-family? Subban fanatics on this board really are sometimes so cute with blindfolded fan boyism...

It was a hypothetical question on how you would feel, not about PK Subban. Next this is a Montreal Canadiens discussion, every single topic is based on the Montreal Canadiens and their players. You are bound to get a PK Subban reference in every single post. He's the Canadiens best offensive defenseman, and a fan favourite in Montreal. Wouldn't you agree :)

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011

No weirder than any of the other teams not drafting him, unless you think being related to an existing player should be anykind of factor in draft decisions.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
Speaking of Subban, holy crap:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/subban...ark-guy-in-the-middle-photo-caption-1.2021802

Unreal that this would get posted in a paper in this day and age. "The dark guy in the middle." That's just ridiculous.

This is on my Facebook this morning. I clicked it thinking it was actually about P.K..

yx0ivGb.png

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Malcolm imo is nothing like PK or Jordan. He's the prototypical goalie personality. Adding him to the team it almost wouldn't even feel like having two Subban's, especially since he plays goalie.

Adding Jordan would be dynamite especially if he became an impact player. Imagine the hatred around the league :laugh:

I'm glad Vancouver drafted him and now has new management. Hopefully if they ever see Boston in the post season again baby Subban can troll them too.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Malcolm in the middle is a very different introverted character to PK's bombastic style.

Lil' Subby definitely has Shatternkirk/Barrie/Krug potential.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Why would anyone want to have the brothers of their best skater on their favourite team. You don't see anyone wanting to put the Staals on the same team or the Reinharts. :sarcasm:

I believe the Habs said afterwards they planned on taking him with the 116th pick. However, Vancouver took him at 115. So we took Reway instead. You can't control what the other teams do at the draft table.

Would have been cool if he fell no doubt but luckily Reway seems like a great project pick himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad