Proposal: Would you trade McDavid for Eichel and Taylor Hall?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I'm genuinely curious, if McDavid can, why can't Eichel? They're both franchise prospects.

Because it's in the McDavid section and not the Eichel section. I'm not talking about Eichel in a section called McDavid. You shouldn't have inferred anything about Eichel in a McDavid section, that section is there to talk about McDavid.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Kind of hard. Not in a way that "which is better", but in terms of finance. McDavid hype is going to bring in so many cash if it works out (maybe not for long-term, but it may very well go on for a certain period of time).

In terms of hockey value (not financial), than its definitely Eichel and Hall. Hall can be a top 10 scorer and has proved that last season on a terrible Oilers team, while Eichel might not be McDavid but is darn close (he would be 1st overall on any draft aside of Crosby and some couple other ones), and has that physicality factor which McDavid doesn't (not saying McDavid doesn't have any physicality, but compared to Eichel, no).

This is probably unlikely, but McDavid could bust or underachieve. At least one team can secure a player that is capable of scoring top 10-50 in NHL scoring on a consistent basis.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Kind of hard. Not in a way that "which is better", but in terms of finance. McDavid hype is going to bring in so many cash if it works out (maybe not for long-term, but it may very well go on for a certain period of time).

In terms of hockey value (not financial), than its definitely Eichel and Hall. Hall can be a top 10 scorer and has proved that last season on a terrible Oilers team, while Eichel might not be McDavid but is darn close (he would be 1st overall on any draft aside of Crosby and some couple other ones), and has that physicality factor which McDavid doesn't (not saying McDavid doesn't have any physicality, but compared to Eichel, no).

This is probably unlikely, but McDavid could bust or underachieve. At least one team can secure a player that is capable of scoring top 10-50 in NHL scoring on a consistent basis.

hockey value and financial value often go hand in hand. A few extra playoff rounds =big bucks. Also a player becomes much more marketable if they win. Heck right now Toews/Doughty are just as marketable as Crosby.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...est-selling-nhl-jersey-of-2014-184731755.html

Patrick Kane has the NHLs top selling jersey. Maybe the American is more marketable?

At least half of prospect interviews I listen to (mostly on The Pipeline Show) mention Kane when asked who their favorite player is/who they watch/who they model their game after. I hear him mentioned more than any other player by prospects. McDavid is more like Kane than Eichel, but it does show the irrelevancy of nation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad