Proposal: Would you trade McDavid for Eichel and Taylor Hall?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
From the roster building thread because there seemed to be some split among opinions and I don't want it to take away from the legitimate roster talk. I don't think the topic has been exhausted yet but if it has, sorry :deadhorse

I personally would make this trade.

Let me know what you think.

Edit: Don't know why the post game tag is on here.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I think it ultimately depends on how close you think Eichel is to McDavid.

I'm ultimately unsure how close he is, so I err on the side of wanting to end with the best player, especially in the case where it could be the best player to come out in the draft in 10 years. Even if it means turning down a trade that is excellent in terms of value.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Easy, easy yes. Hall is one of the top wings in the game, and his ability far exceeds any gap between McDavid and Eichel.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
nope. I'm in the camp that believes theres going to be a noticeable gap between McDavid & Eichel when all is said and done.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Easy, easy yes. Hall is one of the top wings in the game, and his ability far exceeds any gap between McDavid and Eichel.

I agree, which is why I'd ultimately say yes, but losing McDavid would crush my soul. :laugh:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Is the difference between Crosby and Getzlaf, Hall? If not, the team dealing McDavid easily takes it. I would take it in a heartbeat.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
It starts to sound a little bit like the lindros deal at a certain point. Supreme Lindros, full healthy unbeatable Lindros was fantastic, but when you get a Sakic and Forsberg the mass of quality gets pretty heavy. Not sure if just adding Hall would be the same, but its close.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It starts to sound a little bit like the lindros deal at a certain point. Supreme Lindros, full healthy unbeatable Lindros was fantastic, but when you get a Sakic and Forsberg the mass of quality gets pretty heavy. Not sure if just adding Hall would be the same, but its close.

Might want to revisit the lindros deal....

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You don't trade McDavid.

Not only from an on ice perspective but as a business perspective.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

The Avalanche did not receive Sakic in the trade for Lindros.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
You don't trade McDavid.

If the return is as overwhelming as this, of course you do.

Again, like I said, Crosby or Getzlaf and Hall? It's really an easy choice for me. [Crosby=McDavid; Getz=Eichel & I am not comparing the play styles, just the point output]. Icing on the cake is that Eichel is American. So from a business standpoint it isn't a mistake IMO.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
You don't trade McDavid.

In my opinion they could get more than he's worth from Edmonton because Edmonton needs Connor McDavid off the ice as much, if not more, than they need him on the ice. The franchise NEEDS some serious PR help. I think Buffalo could take advantage of this.

Also a chance for Terry to prove, "the sole purpose is to win a stanley cup." If the on-ice product keeps you from doing it fine, but if its business, I don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad