Would you trade for B. Schenn?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you were more of a kings fan than you are a flyers fan. Not that it really matters. :)

No, you didn't misunderstand . THe Kings are my favorite team, it's their photos that grace my PC screen wallpaper (and drives the Flyers fans around me nuts; esp the Carter and Richie with the Stanley Cup shots), photos, posters, etc on the walls at home, the SC mugs, shirts, jewelry etc. A fan who stays up to watch every game, despite the fact then end at like 1 am EST and I get up for work at 6.
But I began my love of hockey with the FLyers almost 40 years ago and I still am a fan, but one who views them (due to Snider's horrible doings) very black and white. And I almost stopped watching completely after the disgraceful actoins of Emery on Holtby and the fact that both Berube and Homer endorsed his actions, which horrifed me, there was nothing to be proud of there, let alone give a pat on Emery's back. I follow quite a few teams, East and West and the Flyers are one of them

But the Kings have been my #1 since 4pm June 23, 2011.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Can't say that I would, though it is not like I wouldn't want him on the team or anything. I just don't like what he is going to cost and get paid. We have plenty of center depth in Manchester and up with the big club. Don't need to go out of our way and pay a premium for another center.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
No, you didn't misunderstand . THe Kings are my favorite team, it's their photos that grace my PC screen wallpaper (and drives the Flyers fans around me nuts; esp the Carter and Richie with the Stanley Cup shots), photos, posters, etc on the walls at home, the SC mugs, shirts, jewelry etc. A fan who stays up to watch every game, despite the fact then end at like 1 am EST and I get up for work at 6.
But I began my love of hockey with the FLyers almost 40 years ago and I still am a fan, but one who views them (due to Snider's horrible doings) very black and white. And I almost stopped watching completely after the disgraceful actoins of Emery on Holtby and the fact that both Berube and Homer endorsed his actions, which horrifed me, there was nothing to be proud of there, let alone give a pat on Emery's back. I follow quite a few teams, East and West and the Flyers are one of them

But the Kings have been my #1 since 4pm June 23, 2011.

You know I'd really wish that I could hold at least a little bit of love for the Flyers considering my history, but I can't help but hate everything about them. Maybe I might be able to at least like them after the Snider and Bullies parade ends, but right now, their organization makes me sick. I'm a Philly sports fan so I've seen a lot of ****. But yeah, the Flyers are not a team I can call myself a fan of anymore.

But anyway, the only guy I'd be really interested from the Flyers, based on who's rumored to be on the trading block, is Couturier and maybe Coburn.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
"Martinez, Stoll (to even out salary), Vey and a 1st for Schenn and Gustafsson? "

Not even close. They'd want voynov, toff/pearson, lewis and a 1st.

I wouldn't trade for schenn because he's not even a wing and he hasn't done anything yet. No thanks.

I can see them asking for Voynov, even Voynov and something else, like Vey or a 2nd. But not Voynov, a 1st, Lewis and a top prospect. That's way to much.

Tyler Seguin, with Rich Peverley in tow, only cost Dallas Loui Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser. Basically Seguin cost a 30 goal winger (roughly the value of Voynov) and three decent but hardly spectacular prospect. That's less than what you are saying Schenn would cost, and Schenn's value now is not near the value of Seguin when he was traded.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I'd think they'd want Voynov and Vey and I don't think Schenn is worth even Voynov. It's so much harder to develop a guy like Voynov than it is to develop an above average forward like Schenn.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Is Schenn even an option to trade and have any value? I thought he had something crazy like 2 million in obtainable bonuses in his contract and could potentially have a cap hit of like ~3 million? What team would want to take that on and give up anywhere close to fair value?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Is Schenn even an option to trade and have any value? I thought he had something crazy like 2 million in obtainable bonuses in his contract and could potentially have a cap hit of like ~3 million? What team would want to take that on and give up anywhere close to fair value?

His cap hit is $870,000, though he has potential bonuses of $2.35 million this season. After this season is over, he'd likely sign for around $2-$3 million per season, unless he got more on a long term deal. I'd assume in the hypothetical that LA did acquire him that Schenn would get a bridge deal for two years, like Cammy, Johnson, O'Sullivan, Bernier, etc. got.

Schenn this year leads the Flyers in scoring with 13 points in 20 games. Assuming the point production remained the same for the entire year, that'd be good enough for 25 goals and 53 points. A $3 mill cap hit for a guy with 25 goals and 53 points isn't bad at all really.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I hated the Schenn pick when the Kings got him. Thought only Duchene or Kane would work for the Kings. Was never sold on Schenn. Period. Glad the Kings dumped him. Keep it that way.

HolyShot*

And I would want Kate Upton at my beck and call, but that's not going to happen. There is no way Schenn is worth all that, that's more than the Kings traded for Mike Richards. The Flyers would trade Schenn for Voynov, the Kings wouldn't
U don't understand what I said. I quoted someone, hence the quotes. I'm saying that its not worth it to trade for schenn. We'd give too much and were already loaded at C.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
U don't understand what I said. I quoted someone, hence the quotes. I'm saying that its not worth it to trade for schenn. We'd give too much and were already loaded at C.

I fully understood what you said, I'm saying it wouldn't cost anywhere near what you suggested to get Schenn (and I don't really want him)

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I wouldn't trade Voynov for Schenn straight up! There are plenty of top notch offensive guys in this league, but I place more value on the defenseman every time. Teams that lack a solid defensive core always struggle.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I was at Stoll's charity golf tourney in Saskatoon the night of the Schenn trade. He was the happiest person in the room because he was traded. (Not sure why, but it left a dirty taste in my mouth) I liked the kid but we struck gold in the trade getting Richards.

Schenn mindset is offence first, not a bad thing, but he seems to disregard the importance of his defensive assignments. Watching him in the WHL he was great with the puck and put up a ton of points. He looked awesome and I can still see why he was voted a top prospect. I just feel he hasn't matured the way scouts thought. He still is a good player and can provide offence in the right situation. That said in L.A he would need to be paired w a Lewis type to cover his defensive lapses.

I don't see the Richards comparison anymore. He will carve out his own niche as a talented offence first winger or centre. Maybe on the right team with the right coach he will develop the other side of the puck, he is still young. If that happens he will be a high end second liner or casual first liner.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
You know I'd really wish that I could hold at least a little bit of love for the Flyers considering my history, but I can't help but hate everything about them. Maybe I might be able to at least like them after the Snider and Bullies parade ends, but right now, their organization makes me sick. I'm a Philly sports fan so I've seen a lot of ****. But yeah, the Flyers are not a team I can call myself a fan of anymore.

But anyway, the only guy I'd be really interested from the Flyers, based on who's rumored to be on the trading block, is Couturier and maybe Coburn.

I'm with you and Dee, I'm a Kings fan first and foremost now but I bled for the Flyers before. And the further away I got from them, the more I realized I don't like the culture, I don't like Snider (his time has come and gone), I don't trust Holmgren and I know if I start to like another player or 2, he'll trade them.

As far as Schenn goes, nope, don't want him. He just doesn't seem to have a high hockey IQ. You watch Toffoli, another young guy, and you can see the IQ, it's something he just gets. I don't see that with either of the Schenns.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I wouldn't trade Voynov for Schenn straight up! There are plenty of top notch offensive guys in this league, but I place more value on the defenseman every time. Teams that lack a solid defensive core always struggle.

This, this, THIS! Voynov and Doughty on this team for years to come is something other teams dream of for themselves. Dmen who are defensively responsible and offensively able are what you want and we have both of them.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
He'd have an over-the-top price tag from Philly, so we've gouged a hole elsewhere in our pretty balanced roster just to land him, and then we'd plunk him on the 3rd line with **** knows who flanking him and hope he can carry them, and then we'd have to hope the his contract negotiation wont bite us in the ass this coming offseason, what with all our other re-signings.

The alternative is Linden Vey, who we already have and is guaranteed to be more affordable on his second contract. I go with Vey.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I actually think Vey is more skilled than Schenn.

Vey has better vision, that's for sure.

HolyShot*

I fully understood what you said, I'm saying it wouldn't cost anywhere near what you suggested to get Schenn (and I don't really want him)

Ok. I thought u thought that's what I would offer for schenn. I actually think it would take that much for schenn, maybe a little less. Something like voynov and toffoli/1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad