Would you trade Eichel for 2022 1st OA?

Shane Wright for Jack Eichel

• Total voters

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Assuming Buffalo isn't a contender next year suddenly I'd trade Eichel for Wright if I were Buffalo, and I wouldn't trade Wright for Eichel if I were another team and won the lottery.

For the other recent drafts
  • Eichel >> 2021 1st overall
  • 2023 1st overall >>>>> Eichel

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
I'm not really high on Eichel. That's not to say he's terrible, or not an incredible hockey player. Just seems like he's got an air about him that feels weak. Idk. I think he'll be bit over rated by end of his really long and successful career.

Haven't seen enough of Wright to say much but what I have seen and read, coupled with my super scientific eichel opinions, id say trade eichel for Wright. Wouldn't trade Wright for eichel

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
My opinion has less to do with Eichel and more to do with Wright. I'd move Eichel for him but only because I believe in Wright that much. I fully expect him to be the best goal scorer on the planet for a long time with an elite 200ft game, Stamkos+Bergeron.

He's just a very unique player that I've really loved watching for a while. He'll form the new young guns triplet with Bedard and Michkov with Savoie not far behind.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I'm not really high on Eichel. That's not to say he's terrible, or not an incredible hockey player. Just seems like he's got an air about him that feels weak. Idk. I think he'll be bit over rated by end of his really long and successful career.

Haven't seen enough of Wright to say much but what I have seen and read, coupled with my super scientific eichel opinions, id say trade eichel for Wright. Wouldn't trade Wright for eichel

Eichel a first couple years his interviews came across as pouting and he just had a terrible attitude but the last few seasons hes matured a lot at least to me. His comments seem more grounded, accurate and thought out.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Im a big fan of prospects, as much as the next guy..

but its an NHL thing that no other sport experiences. This phenomena that NHL fans want prospects over proven talent

Im not arguing against or for Eichel or Wright, by the way. However in what sport would the fans say 'Yeah, I dont want a player aged 24-25 in their prime whos scoring at a high clip and is considered top-10 at their position... give me the prospect whos of the same ilk and lets spend another 2-3 years developing him and hope he gets to be as good as what we just traded'

again, im the same as you all and in NJ id take Wright over Eichel.. but its certainly funny to look at because not one single sport would play it this way, minus a Lebron James showing up again in the NBA. And even then you can sign a winning team in free agency, so its a different way to rebuild.

HF stands for Hockey's Future, after all. This place has been overrating picks and prospects since 1997.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think you'd have to pull the trigger on that if you're BUF. Too many question marks with Eichel, he seemed non-commital to the Sabres going forward in exit interviews and his injuries and health seem to be a big concern.

It would sting, but I think they'd have to do it, not gonna get a better return than 1st overall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad