Speculation: Would you trade a future-Krejci for a future-Horton?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't he in Knoghts class- btw if you read part I of Knight Shaft it's good to know the suits think like me. Just satin'

Also watch for a mutiny soon- not Boston

And oh those scouts at the game last night I wonder who they were looking at....hmmm

no sir, saad was 2011. a few picks after the magical muscovite KOKO.

which scouts are you referring to?? fill me in, big guy

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Soderberg seems to be settling in nicely in the 3C role. If you recall, Chiarelli said he thought this guy could be a 2nd line center in the NHL, and that certainly looks like a possibility right now. He's big, he's strong, he plays an active, determined game and he has some good chemistry with Eriksson. He still has some work to do on face-offs, but he's got 5pts in the 5 games he's played in the middle and looks extremely comfortable there.

So where does that leave Ryan Spooner?

I love this kid. I think the skating and skill level he brings give him first line potential. But like Tyler Seguin, is he going to get a shot in the middle? It would take a mountain to move Krejci or Bergeron out of their spots, and Soderberg's combination of size, skill and drive is a real nice fit for a Boston Bruin 3rd line, one that IMO, really needs to be both offensive AND tough to play against.

So, if all this holds and Soderberg continues to cement himself into that 3c role the rest of the way and in the playoffs, then what are our options with Ryan Spooner? Would you try to convert him to wing? Do you put Soderberg back against the wall where he wall where he was less effective? Or do you consider moving Spooner for someone of equal age, talent and upside but at a position that we need or may need down the line. (i.e. A triggerman for the Krejci line once Iginla moves on.)

Tough call for me personally. I've been a huge Spooner fan for a long time and I love seeing him be recognized by the board for his talent and upside. At the same time, this team has no succession plan in place for that RW spot next to Krejci, and we're beyond deep down the middle (and in goal, and on defense, and in LH'd forwards).

Thoughts?

Can I change up the question?

How about for another Seidenburg?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad