Speculation: Would you take Letang for 64 mil per 8 years?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
In a couple years' time, if not already, this is going to look like the Campbell contract.

Granted, Chicago was still able to move Campbell, so it's not a waste, but this is not the kind of deal that will sit comfortably under the cap on a well balanced contender.

Unless everyone knows something about the cap that the rest of us don't.

Hawkyfan99

Feb 21, 2012
No team but Pittsburgh can offer him 8 years anyway. Isn't that in the new CBA?

I wouldn't want my team offering him anywhere close. Not even what Pittsburgh offered him.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Nope...don't like his game enough...

Only Dmen who should be getting 7 mill + are the ones that know how to play Dfense as well...

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...han-Ales-Jarome-and-Kris/1/52370#.Uc2qtdhfHKc

Eklund says that San Jose and Detroit are the frontrunners, but also mentions that he has heard "murmurs about Buffalo, and more speculation about Miller to Pittsburgh.

Eklund is fan fiction.

Why don't you quote me? I've heard "murmurs" of LA, "susurrations" of Boston, and a low, indistinct whining from the general direction of Winnipeg, although that could just be the weather.

mattcc97

Feb 6, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Eklund is fan fiction.

Why don't you quote me? I've heard "murmurs" of LA, "susurrations" of Boston, and a low, indistinct whining from the general direction of Winnipeg, although that could just be the weather.

I'm not saying I believe what he says, I just felt I should relay what i saw to further the speculation.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
**** no.

And I don't think it was a question of money so much as a question of not wanting to be the fall guy for Pittsburgh. His agent is probably whispering in his ear about the "Paul Martin is better than you" stuff being leaked by the team to drive his value down. If he'd up for a ~6.5 cap hit loooong term, sure, otherwise, pass.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Eklund is fan fiction.

I've heard Flatulence of Florida myself..

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad