Would you rather your team win the Stanley Cup, or your country win a gold medal?

Dave Karp

Jul 11, 2007
Nova Scotia
This again?

I'm pretty sure I chose the Cup last time. Still would. I'm much more proud of our amateur athletes winning a Gold medal than a bunch of pros. I enjoy the Olympics but nothing compares to winning the Cup, IMO.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
This again?

I'm pretty sure I chose the Cup last time. Still would. I'm much more proud of our amateur athletes winning a Gold medal than a bunch of pros. I enjoy the Olympics but nothing compares to winning the Cup, IMO.

Honestly... there arent really many real amateurs left in the olympics.

As for me, Gold every single time. Sorry ovy :naughty:

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia
Olympics 100%

Most kids in Europe dream of winning olympics for there country. Stanley Cup is alright but it has nothing no the Olympics its merely a league title not world.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Stanley Cup all the way. Screw USA :P I would sacrifice my first born to have the Cup come to LA.

bosshogg18

Oct 26, 2009
Lyle, WA, Tacoma, WA
Gold medal, since I live in the Seattle area we don't have a team. We don't even have a basketball team because our state legislature are a bunch of d-bags and ruined all hopes of a new arena, which could bring back the NBA and introduce the NHL to the country's 14th largest market.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Country > Club for sure, but Stanley Cup is a much longer journey and hits closer to home. Winning the mug is absolutely breathtaking.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
If it meant the Penguins repeating as cup champions this year, Canada or Russia could win the next 5 olympics for all i care. Not to say i'm not enjoying the tournament so far, because i am.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad