Proposal: Would you rather? Option 1 or Option 2?

Option 1 or Option 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Would you rather?

OPTION #1

Trouba, 7yr x $7.5 million
Stone, 7yr x $9 million
Quick 4 years left @ $5.8 million

= $22.3 million

Or

OPTION #2

Panarin, 7yr x $9.5 million
Pietroangelo, 1yr left x $6.5 million OR Martinez, 2yr left @ $4 million OR Pesce, 5yr left x $4.025 million
Bob, 6-7yr x $8.75 million

= $24.75 million with AP
= $22.25 million with AM
= $22.5 million with BP

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Would you rather?

Stone, 7yr x $9 million

= $22.3 million

Or

Pietroangelo, 1yr left x $6.5 million OR Martinez, 2yr left @ $4 million OR Pesce, 5yr left x $4.025 million

= $24.75 million with AP
= $22.25 million with AM
= $22.5 million with BP
all of those are extremely acceptable.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Would you rather?

Stone, 7yr x $9 million

= $22.3 million

Or

= $24.75 million with AP
= $22.25 million with AM
= $22.5 million with BP

I like Option 1 but I worry about tying so much cap space in the defense and the other options have Bob in net - who I am not sold on.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
all of those are extremely acceptable.

:laugh: yes but which one would you pick?

I like Option 1 but I worry about tying so much cap space in the defense and the other options have Bob in net - who I am not sold on.

Exactly. They both fill holes and each have their risk/reward or pros/cons.

Option 1 would probably have us to trade Yandle in a year or two when Gildon is ready. We would have to trust Matheson can sort out his issues. Option 1 would cost more in assets but have more faith in it. Trouba and Stone are two of the better defensive players in the league at their position and good 5 on 5 producers.

Option 2 locks us into questionable goaltending long term but does give us a potential top 5 offense and a great upgrade on D. Option 2 would be easier to do as you're only trading for the defenseman.

Gotta pick one my friend!

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Option 1. We don’t need more offense. We need a f*** ton more defense and goaltending,

Our team with trouba and stone would be impossible to score against,

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Voted Option #1, gives you what you need, with more flexibility, IMO.

I think this team has gotten farther and farther away with what made it great so many years ago......DEFENSE. I think Stone, Trouba, and Quick give you that back, then add Trocheck, Hoffman, Dadonov and Yandle, as offensive upgrades, and you go places this hard-luck franchise has never been since the year 2000...RESPECTABILITY. Just my 2 cents.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
What would it take to acquire Trouba?

-ghoste

Winnipeg: The Sun and the moon

The league: Depends on the last best offer, whatever that may be.

My guess(asking price): 1st, roster player(Pysyk/Matheson), and a prospect(Gildon/Noel/Hepo/ Tippett). Not gonna happen, IMO.

Hard to say what is "realistic" at this juncture. It depends on where you think you are in the standings, and what you think gets you "over the top" in terms of the competition. I'm sure Dale has an idea of what it will take to pry him loose. That price tag will change the closer to the TDL we get.

Think about it, if your The Jets GM, and you are in the thick of the playoff hunt, why would you make a trade that doesn't help you TODAY?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I made my easy choice until I looked at the numbers- if we're giving Artemi Panarin or Mark Stone 9 million dollars a year, we deserve to have another lockout for everyone being so dumb.

13 dollar hot dogs. f*** right off.

That said, I'll take the Conn Smythe winning goalie here all day. Last one was pretty damn great.

Stone has heft and the hands and the chemistry with the rest of the ex-sens-non-loser club. 9 million is a few too much, but he ain't soft and can make a difference in the playoffs.

Best for last, Trouba? Yeah I wish. If the Islanders don't get him that'd be great but I know Lou is licking his chops there. No way he isn't.

Panarin is a great PPG player in the regular season...Bob will be wayyyy too much and hinder Monty...much rather Trouba in front of my goalie than any of the three. I will hate Alec Martinez forever... I'll hate him until he scores a Stanley Cup winning goal for me. Pesce...actuallly...I like Pesce. I'd take him and Trouba please. Ship out Yandle and Matheson and our goalies can do their thing...they'll make Reimer look like Bob.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Neither.

Quick from #1 at given price.
Pietroangelo from #2 at given price.
Stone from #1 at -$2M.

If I absolutely had to take one. It would be one.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Panarin-Barkov-Dads
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Hoffman
Vatrano-Borgstrom-Random 3rd line UFA
Hawrluk-Sceviour-Malgin

Ekblad-Yandle
Matheson-Pysyk
Weegar-Random depth d guy

Bob
Lu

Like that's undoubtedly a playoff team but that defense is pure garbage. Good goalies, insanely good forward group, insanely bad defensive group

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad