Would you rather have Matthew or Brady?

Which Tkachuk would you choose?

• Total voters

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Wow was not expecting Brady to take down shea weber. Even the announcers seemed surprised.
"Taking down" implies that he won. Brady didn't win that fight. He pushed an off balance Weber into the net because he couldn't hang on any longer.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
People voting against Matthew I assume cause they just don't like him orrr

Easy choice to take him over his brother imo.
Matthew scores more points but Brady is a much better leader and competitor. Brady is a winner , Matthew not so much.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Better question does Brady look more like No David or the sloth from the goonies?
usa_today_13667347.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
"Taking down" implies that he won. Brady didn't win that fight. He pushed an off balance Weber into the net because he couldn't hang on any longer.

And also landed more punches. That's a win lol

I don't think Weber landed a single punch. Took a couple to the face, and got thrown on his back onto his net.

It's not even a tough decision to know who won...

But I'll give Weber kudos, he did hold onto Brady's jersey pretty tightly. Good for him.

Look at the hockey fights voting. Tkachuk clearly won.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210404-112001.png
    Screenshot_20210404-112001.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
It does look like Matthew has a offensive edge but its not as big as the stats say because of quality of teams/line mates. Brady Tkachuk seems to be a better guy in terms of intangibles. I would pick up Brady just because he is a couple of years younger and could possibly have an edge in the future if the team gets better. Dont think there is a wrong answer to the poll.

Reactions: slapKing

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
People voting against Matthew I assume cause they just don't like him orrr

Easy choice to take him over his brother imo.

This is exactly how I feel as well. Matthew is the far better ice hockey player.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I chose Brady.

However, if Flames were to trade Tkachuk and give him a fresh start I think he could propel himself back on top.

I thought he was the better one, but Brady has made serious gains.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Matthew is the better scorer, but Brady is a true power forward who is a pain in the ass to play against, even though his offensive upside may be lower.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I feel like this poll should be a lot closer, but Matthew has been playing dirty and caused ire.

Matt is a much more skilled player. Will have many more points in his career.

Brady is the calmer, smarter one who plays a complete game.

Neither guys you build a team around, yet it feels like the Sens are building around a shaky but talented structure in Stutzle, Tkachuk and Chabot. All the while the flames are collapsing with Matthew, Gaudreau and Monahan.

Both would do better with more talented linemates, so hard to see what full potential might be.

I'll go with Matthew by a hair. Will probably change my mind in 2 seasons time depending on how the Sens rebuild goes and what the flames do in the next 2 seasons.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I can't choose.
Brady is big and he's got great offensive skills... but I need to wait another year or two to see what he does against the rest of the league with more seasoned linemates before I can really judge him.
Matthew is a monster.
He's never going to win an Art Ross Trophy, but he really knows what he can get away with in terms of suspensions and has a really nasty effect on the opposition. In the past when I think of players that really got under the opposition's skin they'd be doing really dirty shit that got you penalized. Matthew doesn't need to take it that far. He's figured out a bunch of stuff he can do that breaks the code of unspoken rules. He'll never win a Hart Trophy, but what he brings to the team is amazing. I wouldn't say he's underrated, but I think what he brings is greatly unappreciated.

Only thing I'd really be concerned about is how many shots Matthew takes to the head. That stuff will catch up to you. Maybe he chills out like Marchment has.
Either way, I can't choose.
They both play big games, don't take games off, piss off the opposition and know how to put up a ton of points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad