Votes: 23 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
People acting like Dumba is the no brainer choice haven't watched the Wild much. Soucy brings similar production in less minutes with better defense. Dumba is living on his legacy right now. He has not been good majority of games this season.
Might have a valid point if they played against the same quality of players.

Reactions: Uberdachen

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Looking at 5v5 xGF % vs GF%

Dumba
xGF % ~ 52.47%
GF % ~ 48.65%

Soucy -
xGF % ~ 49.27%
GF % ~ 66.67%

Would seem to imply that Soucy is getting extremely lucky and vastly outperforming where the statistics project him to be by over 17 percentage points(!). Dumba maybe slightly unlucky, but if you look at the others in the top 4 he is very similar to both Brodin and Spurgeon. Suter is the only one in the top 4 with a higher GF% than xGF%.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Might have a valid counter if Dumba wasn't a tire fire defensively against said quality players.
Which is funny considering Soucy's scoring chances against per 60 are higher than Dumba's and Dumba is third on the team behind Spurgeon and Brodin. SCF% has Dumba third on the team behind Spurgeon and Suter.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Which is funny considering Soucy's scoring chances against per 60 are higher than Dumba's and Dumba is third on the team behind Spurgeon and Brodin. SCF% has Dumba third on the team behind Spurgeon and Suter.

Has way more to do with his partner than him.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020

And one plays against the dregs of the league while the other plays against each team’s top players.

Soucy makes about 5 plays a game that people here would rake Dumba over the coals for if they cared to watch. Just doesn’t matter because those mistakes come against players that can’t do anything with them.

P10p

May 15, 2012
And one plays against the dregs of the league while the other plays against each team’s top players.

Soucy makes about 5 plays a game that people here would rake Dumba over the coals for if they cared to watch. Just doesn’t matter because those mistakes come against players that can’t do anything with them.

Do you think you're the only one who watches games or something?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
SCF% doesn't. His SCF/60 is almost 2 above Brodin's. Dumba's SCA/60 has been in the 22-24 range for 4 out of the last 5 years:

16-17: 22.4
17-18: 23.36
18-19: 24.83
19-20: 23.07
20-21: 23.55

P10p

May 15, 2012
SCF% doesn't. His SCF/60 is almost 2 above Brodin's. Dumba's SCA/60 has been in the 22-24 range for 4 out of the last 5 years:

16-17: 22.4
17-18: 23.36
18-19: 24.83
19-20: 23.07
20-21: 23.55

Cherry pack all the advanced stats you want.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Perhaps you are just seeing what you want to see. The stats say you are wrong.

Such as the one where defensive d man Soucy is outscoring offensive d man Dumba at even strength? Don't have to dig too far into advanced stats to show my argument. Especially cap and NTC considered...

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Such as the one where defensive d man Soucy is outscoring offensive d man Dumba at even strength? Don't have to dig too far into advanced stats to show my argument. Especially cap and NTC considered...
And now we're back to the beginning of the conversation:
Might have a valid point if they played against the same quality of players.

Cap and no NTC don't make Soucy a better player.

Reactions: TaLoN

P10p

May 15, 2012
And now we're back to the beginning of the conversation:

Cap and no NTC don't make Soucy a better player.

This thread is about who to protect not best player. Cap and contract matter 100% not sure what you're on...

P10p

May 15, 2012
The gap between Soucy and Dumba isn't 4mil especially with a NTC kicking in. Not sure what's hard to understand here. Maybe you widen your tunnel vision and get off the advanced stats websites?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This thread is about who to protect not best player. Cap and contract matter 100% not sure what you're on...
Yeah, and I protect the better player over a guy who is dramatically outperforming where he should be stats wise. I protect the guy who is actually playing in the top 4. I do not protect the third pairing dman over the 1st/2nd pairing dman. I do not protect the LHD that has almost zero shot at a top 4 spot moving forward with Suter and Brodin on the team. That makes zero sense.
The gap between Soucy and Dumba isn't 4mil especially with a NTC kicking in. Not sure what's hard to understand here. Maybe you widen your tunnel vision and get off the advanced stats websites?
Perhaps take your own advice.

Reactions: TaLoN

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
If I’m not mistaken, since I do watch plenty of games, soucy and Cole do get sheltered quite a bit with what some here like to call the best shutdown line in the league. Sure helps the plus minus category

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If I’m not mistaken, since I do watch plenty of games, soucy and Cole do get sheltered quite a bit with what some here like to call the best shutdown line in the league. Sure helps the plus minus category
I wouldn't say they're sheltered, but they don't seem to be out against scoring lines all that often relative to the other two pairings. With Brodin and Spurgeon out it seems like they've been mostly up against the Kyrou and Thomas lines tonight and it's not been great. Not that anyone else looks amazing either.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I wouldn't say they're sheltered, but they don't seem to be out against scoring lines all that often relative to the other two pairings. With Brodin and Spurgeon out it seems like they've been mostly up against the Kyrou and Thomas lines tonight and it's not been great. Not that anyone else looks amazing either.
Sheltered is what I call being put out with our safety valve line. They are with eks line more often than not and that benefits them greatly.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Sheltered is what I call being put out with our safety valve line. They are with eks line more often than not and that benefits them greatly.
You don't "shelter" a d-pair by playing them with your matchup line. Eriksson Ek's line is actually the line that Soucy and Cole have been paired with the least.

It is funny that all the Dumba bashers don't seem to remember that Spurgeon was supposed to be on the shutdown pair with Brodin but Dumba had to take over because the leader couldn't keep up.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
I don't really care. As long as Greenway and Ek are protected. I fully expect to lose both by next season. I doubt the Wild just sit on Dumba. The Kraken could pick him and deal him, and I'd think BG would take assets back before he'd allow that. Once that trade goes down, it'll be between Soucy and Talbot. I think they'll go Soucy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad