Proposal: Would you participate in a protest to Shanny?

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Does someone have a picture of spilled milk?

iStockSpilledMilkB.jpg

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
How many times a year do fans rile themselves up for a grudge match game only for nothing to happen? Everyone outside Ottawa knows it was accidental, so I sincerely hope nobody embarrasses the organization trying to avenge an accident.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416046

"To have him taken out by a goon is unconscionable," Melnyk began. "Whether it was accidental, or whether it was reckless, or whether it was intentional, to me it doesn't matter.

"It's something that never should have happened. This player should never be playing in this league. It's a league for elite players," said Melnyk.

Holy **** he doesn't know when to stop.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416046

"To have him taken out by a goon is unconscionable," Melnyk began. "Whether it was accidental, or whether it was reckless, or whether it was intentional, to me it doesn't matter.

"It's something that never should have happened. This player should never be playing in this league. It's a league for elite players," said Melnyk.

Holy **** he doesn't know when to stop.

a little bold for an owner to talk like he does. but i like it.:yo:

hogtownhabsfan*

Anderson, and the ref knew that there was a problem right away... I assume EK screamed as well...

Sure, but that doesn't change that Cooke skated away as if he didn't do anything, despite the fact he knew what had happened even if it were an accident.

That screams guilty, like a drunk driving hit and run.

If it was a genuine accident, you'd think he'd act like it.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Like what Don Cherry says, "If you purposely hit the guy, you dont look back. If you accidently hit the guy, you look back."

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Sure, but that doesn't change that Cooke skated away as if he didn't do anything, despite the fact he knew what had happened even if it were an accident.

That screams guilty, like a drunk driving hit and run.

If it was a genuine accident, you'd think he'd act like it.

This is going nowhere...

If its a legit accident... And he thinks his skate just came down on EK's leg/skate etc... And doesnt know he cut his achilles...Why not just follow the play down the ice then? The same thing that Alfie and Turris did?

the chef

Just you know why...
Mar 22, 2009
When I think of accidental/freak plays (in any sport), I think of the Theismann leg snap. After Lawrence Taylor(who is a piece of work himself) makes his tackle on Theismann, the first he notices is that something is wrong. Rather than do nothing, he motions for the trainers. I realize in hockey that the play doesn't stop until the whistle blows, but if Cooke was so sympathetic about the incident, would we not see a similar reaction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad