Proposal: Would you participate in a protest to Shanny?

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Okay, this thread (besides the OP) makes me feel a whole lot better about our fanbase. Thank you!

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I'd bet all my money against this.

Carkner destroyed Boyle for simply punching Karlsson.

How many times a year do fans rile themselves up for a grudge match game only for nothing to happen? Everyone outside Ottawa knows it was accidental, so I sincerely hope nobody embarrasses the organization trying to avenge an accident.

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
Okay, this thread (besides the OP) makes me feel a whole lot better about our fanbase. Thank you!

Indeed. After the immediate reactions I thought I'd take a nice 24 hour break from this place as things were getting a bit out of hand. Nice to see people aren't that crazy about the whole incident.

Morlesio14*

Man I'm a leafs fan and I thought it was terrible when lupul got injured. I think it was unintentional but I would love to see Cooke suspended just because everyone hates him.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Nothing is going to happen to Cooke next game against us.

How many times a year do fans rile themselves up for a grudge match game only for nothing to happen? Everyone outside Ottawa knows it was accidental, so I sincerely hope nobody embarrasses the organization trying to avenge an accident.

This is unfortunately true. The NHL will likely issue notifications that the Sens will be under the microscope and will come down on Ottawa like a ton of bricks if they lift a finger. That's the sad state of hockey nowadays.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I am only going to say this one more time but all this free flowing hate should be at least 80% directed at the refs for blowing an easy "puck in the net" call. This would do well to serve the other conspiracy theory threads which claim that the refs and NHL are against the Sens.:naughty:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Option 2. Guys I know Cooke's rep and how important Karlsson is to this team. That said this was not a dirty play, it was just an unfortunate accident. Protesting Shanny's office and saying we should go after Crosby only makes us look bad.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
I'd bet all my money against this.

Carkner destroyed Boyle for simply punching Karlsson.

Carkner and Neil both had fights against Boyle... Neither of which left him injured... The only think that hurt him was Neil crushing him in open ice...

The fights did absolutely nothing to Boyle..

Jerk Store*

Come on, what are we? Habs fans? No, this is a dumb idea (the idea, not the poster).

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Why don't we all pitch in on some deer antler spray, HGH and steroids. Let's pump that Achilles full of the juice and accelerate this healing process like real elite athletes do.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
well, i posted about how crazy matt cooke is and always has been, showing all his dirty hits and asked why he was still in the league.

i got an infraction.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Carkner and Neil both had fights against Boyle... Neither of which left him injured... The only think that hurt him was Neil crushing him in open ice...

The fights did absolutely nothing to Boyle..

Maybe not but they galvanized the team and made the Senators more united. It absolutely served its purpose and we won the game too.

Back to the OP, it is embarrassing to even put this out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad