Would you keep Lucic beyond next season if it took 6-7 years at $6-7 million per?

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Lucic is from Vancouver.Goin there puts him quick flights from home.Don't bet on it.I would trade him for Hall in heartbeat.Oilers not that dumb though.

Fact is that San Jose, Anaheim, L.A., Calgary, and Colorado also give him decently quick flights back to Vancouver. But Vancouver isn't even home to him anymore. He has his own family now. And actually, if you want to use the Vancouver argument, the Canucks are a better fit.

Edmonton is one of the least desirable cities for players these days. Its almost always on the "no" list for guys.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
Who are you going to have fill in for Hall when he misses his 15-20 games per year? :laugh:

Since Lucic is invisible more than that many games each year anyway, what's the difference? Like someone said earlier, at least if Hall is injured it forces Claude to use someone from Prov during those 20 games whereas if Lucic is "available", Claude will "play" him since he's one of "his guys", even if he deserves to sit.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
While Lucic + for Hall seems to be a decent fit for both teams, no way Lucic is accepting a trade to Edmonton. Not today, not ever. Just as well call No-trade and No-move clauses the Edmonton Oiler clause, because 99% of players don't want to go there.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
While Lucic + for Hall seems to be a decent fit for both teams, no way Lucic is accepting a trade to Edmonton. Not today, not ever. Just as well call No-trade and No-move clauses the Edmonton Oiler clause, because 99% of players don't want to go there.

You could tell him "either you waive the NTC or we put you on waivers and they get first choice on you and you go there anyway" and you have a deal ready with EDM that if they do that, they do a separate trade where they send you Hall for future considerations. :)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't think Lucic has a NTC.

Here is the thing with Lucic.

If he plays with reckless abandon he is at his best.

If he plays with reckless abandon his career with be short.

His best move for himself is to pace himself and play "lazy" for stretches and save the reckless abandon for when it's important.

When he doesn't go all out we all complain. If he does we will complain about him being hurt.

Can't win.

Edit: for comparisons sake, Lucic is the same age Neely was when the Ulf stuff happened and his body started falling apart. Lucic being "lazy" for stretches totally makes sense from his point of view... And he still produces like a 1st line winger.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
No , not more than 5 millions by year, if he want more trade him
Problem is Chia is horrible in trade and clode will ask another talbot player in return

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Since Lucic is invisible more than that many games each year anyway, what's the difference? Like someone said earlier, at least if Hall is injured it forces Claude to use someone from Prov during those 20 games whereas if Lucic is "available", Claude will "play" him since he's one of "his guys", even if he deserves to sit.

Who says Claude is back next year? Lot's of moving parts still TBD, no?

Hall is a fun player to watch, but his style coupled with his size means he's not long for this league, IMO. He's too reckless, which is why he's fun to watch, but he's always hurt because of it. You get Lucic back to playing his style, instead of this neutered version Julien has him playing, and I'm fine with extending Lucic for the long term at $6 mill per.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LOL wasn't this made last week and then merged into his player topic?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Like Claude has been forced to use Providence talent these past years?

mtchbx

Mar 10, 2010
Chiarelli should not be allowed to put his pen to another foolish Bruins contract. I really had hopes that Neely would do something but he is just a puppet. Lucic is the hood ornament for this ugly Bruins bus. Talent is not the propblem as much as heart and they have none at all.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Like Claude has been forced to use Providence talent these past years?

That was the point...he really hasn't had much of a reason to, but when he does, it tends to actually work out well for the team.

If the injuries are only for a few games, Claude usually just throws whoever in there and plugs the hole for a bit. But if the injuries are longer term, they generally cover for that by utilizing Providence guys, and it's only when he's forced to play these guys that they excel.

Krejci taking over for Savard when he went down. Spooner taking over for Krejci right now. Soderberg switching to center when Kelly went down.

I'm not saying you want to trade for a guy for that reason, but I'm saying if a Hall for Lucic swap were to occur, I wouldn't be all that worried about his injury problems because the unintended byproduct could actually help us.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
In the last 10 days he is about 3rd or 4th in the league in hits. He can't expect $$ if he doesn't bring anything on a consistent basis.

It's our job to cry murder when he doesn't. He only proves that he is over paid when he is not pooling his talents together.

Players should get paid for what they do not for what they can do.

I went to check where I read about the hits and Lucic was in a 2 way tie with Rinaldo with 6 hits in the last 10 days prior to Saturday.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I went to check where I read about the hits and Lucic was in a 2 way tie with Rinaldo with 6 hits in the last 10 days prior to Saturday.

The Hits stat is meaningless. It just indicates you don't have the puck.
That is why all hits leaders among forwards are 4th line pluggers.

Look at most games, I would surmise that the losing team usually as more Hits.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The Hits stat is meaningless. It just indicates you don't have the puck.
That is why all hits leaders among forwards are 4th line pluggers.

Look at most games, I would surmise that the losing team usually as more Hits.

So I'm on the explore Lucic's value train. And yes, hits mean you don't have the puck and that is bad. And the stat of hits varies widely from stadium to stadium. But the physical game obviously isn't meaningless and would be missed and maybe some wouldn realize how nice it is to have a 50-60 point guy who "plays like a 4th liner".

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
5 years, $25 million.

He's been paid ELITE money his whole ****ing career. It's time for the "hometown" discount. If he balks, I flip him to a Western team in an instant.

If he waffles, I flip him.

I don't give him one red cent more.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I don't think anyone expects to get Hall in a one for one trade ,you would have to add.

agreed. i'd love to keep him but if hall can come back with a moderate addition from the b's im all over it. I'm not adding pasta but there are a lot of prospects and picks I wouldn't mind moving to bring Hall back... but I don't want another role player brought back in a lucic trade...

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
So I'm on the explore Lucic's value train. And yes, hits mean you don't have the puck and that is bad. And the stat of hits varies widely from stadium to stadium. But the physical game obviously isn't meaningless and would be missed and maybe some wouldn realize how nice it is to have a 50-60 point guy who "plays like a 4th liner".

This is the salary cap era. If there was no salary cap, or if Lucic accepted what his true value is, he would be a welcome player on any team...but that is not the case.

He floats around every game, and expects to get paid for what he was in 2011 or even when he scored 30 with Savard (5 empty netters of course).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad