Speculation: Would you give Duchene 8M x 7 years in free agency?

Would you sign Duchene to a 7 year deal with an AAV of 8M?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Domi 72 - Duchene - 70 - Gally 52
82 GP_______ 73 GP _______ 82 GP

Imagine theses 3 guys together all season, you can definitely add 10% + to their stats. hard to argue they wouldn’t be ONE of the best 1st lines in the league. And they definitely have the skill to be THE best line in the league for stretches.
Really? I don’t think so. Landy/Mack/Rant >> Domi/Dutchy/Gally.

Reactions: Vachon23

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Watching a Sportsnet video on Duchene sounds like he loves it in Colombus. Good odds he re-signs there
With Panarin and Bob not coming back, I doubt they would resign him since that means they give the Sens an unprotected 1st.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Sure probably not the best. But would you agree that they could be one of the best?

1 Julien won’t touch at Tatar-Danault-Gally

2. No it won’t be one of the best

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Connor-Schiefele-Wheeler
Pasternak-Bergeron-Marchand
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
The 2 Tampa Lines
Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Perron-ROR-Tarasenko

And there probably more..

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
He's going to be getting over 9 million.
i agree with you . To think that a lot of the fans don't want him signed at 8 m$ is funny . Every time a player signs a new long terms contract , it seems to be too expensive . But in fact , most of the time we are comparing players with old contracts with players that just sign new contract . Who could tell what the average top 6 player will win in 2025 ?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
1 Julien won’t touch at Tatar-Danault-Gally

2. No it won’t be one of the best

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Connor-Schiefele-Wheeler
Pasternak-Bergeron-Marchand
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
The 2 Tampa Lines
Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Perron-ROR-Tarasenko

And there probably more..

And to think Perron was available for free and for a low cap hot of 4.5 to 5millipn last sumer. Smh...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It was more for the 2 other honestly but ya Perron wanted to play here in 2016 but MB didn’t want to give more then 1 year
He would have fit nicely on KK's right wing last year...

A Drouin-Kk-Perron 3rd line would also make me feel better about Drouin's chances of succeeding this year.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I dont mind the money, but the term is a no-no. Great payer, but a poor leader it seems.
We need someone with less years and a better leader in a team. It can be possible with an older player or a player who have been under the radar, not a big name. KK and Poeh are coming maturity in 2 or 3 years so no need to lock the #1 center spot for a decade. KK and Poeh will need room.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Maybe, but what we do know for sure is Tampa chokes in the playoffs, same with Toronto.....

TB last 5 yrs (which includes 1 missed PO):
1 x finals, 2x conference finalist, 1x swept in 1st round.
36 PO games won (32 lost) in that span

Not sure if call them "chokers"... Guess it depends on how one frames the label.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Domi 72 - Duchene - 70 - Gally 52
82 GP_______ 73 GP _______ 82 GP

Imagine theses 3 guys together all season, you can definitely add 10% + to their stats. hard to argue they wouldn’t be ONE of the best 1st lines in the league. And they definitely have the skill to be THE best line in the league for stretches.

Its like a decent 2nd line.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Maybe, but what we do know for sure is Tampa chokes in the playoffs, same with Toronto.....
And either fanbase would gladly take their team and future over the Habs, what's your point?

Reactions: bsl

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I would sign him.

Domi-Duchene-Byron
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Shaw
Lehkonen-Weal-Armia

Thompson, Deslauriers

Need a better defense squad.. huge need on the left side. Maybe trade one of Drouin/Lehkonen/Tatar for a D. Byron could return on the left and Suzuki could be promoted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad