Speculation: Would you give Duchene 8M x 7 years in free agency?

Would you sign Duchene to a 7 year deal with an AAV of 8M?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Duchene is a great player but I feel like he would stunt the growth of Kotkaniemi/Poehling/Suzuki. I’m not 100% sure that I would sign him. On top of that, he has massive attitude issues. The Uber video has to be something that MB factors in when looking at him. I’m leaning towards no but that’s me.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's a tough call. But i won't even waste a thought thinking about it until i've heard in the summer that he has any interest whatsoever in coming here.

Otherwise it's just "if we get Tavares and Dahlin" type useless waste of time speculation.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'd rather give that money to a RW or a LD tbh.

I might have answered differently last year.. We're by no means set down the middle, but we're in a better position right now than we were last year:

Domi > Galchenyuk
Danault > Danault (2017-18)
Kotkaniemi ≥ Plekanec

I feel like we can afford to be a bit more patient and see how Kotkaniemi pans out and how Poehling continues to develop next year before giving big money to a center.

Last edited:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yes please and this is where he should have signed. Played some of his best hockey here, fit it well, just didnt want to be part of a 3 or 4 year rebuild - and I dont really blame him

Edit sorry, thought this came up on main board.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Duchene seems to bring a stigma of grey clouds...seems like a good kid but there is something there that I can’t put my finger on. With Suzuki, Poehling and Kotkaniemi on the horizon I would spend that money on a top 4 LD and a power forward of some kind.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
agree that winger and LD are bigger organizational needs, but how often do they actually come up in free agency? how often do they actually wanna sign here? we're no longer marquee destination, ya know...

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
id go 7x7 but no more than that. In fact I would trade a 3rd for him at the end of June and make it 8x7

Other than that I would just rather let Kotka get more reps.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad