OT: Would you follow Lacrosse if it received better coverage?

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
TV is dying and will likely be dead the next decade when the 70+ year olds kick the bucket.

In 5-10 years, people will just subscribe to exactly what they want with streaming services like Netflix, PopcornTime, Hulu, or HBO.

This is where I see things going as well. I think TV will be like a punch pass model. You log on to a site, buy a bunch of credits and use them on specific shows rather than paying a monthly fee for a channel like Showcase, HBO or whatever. Or pay a big fee for unlimited access to the entire site.

Same with sports. Pay 5$ per game to watch the oilers or buy Gamecentre for 300$.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I am not a sports guy outside of hockey I don't really watch sports. However I do have the gold medal game of the World Lacrosse Championship from 2006 where Canada defeated the USA. I really love that game so I could see myself sitting down and watching a few Lacrosse games but it'd be on rare occasion.

KlaireMcVoyant

Nov 20, 2014
YEG
I went to Game2 of the NLL Finals here in Edmonton this past Friday and had a blast (First time i've seen a a pro Edmonton sports team win a Championship live!)

The game was alot of fun to watch. The two teams were both fantastic and evenly matched. Tons of breakaways, nice saves, lots of hits and physical play (lots of boarding tho :shakehead) Lots of goals, the guys play hard and take alot of abuse crashing the net etc.

Seeing Mark Matthews score the 5-4 lead goal with .1 seconds left in the first half was awesome (dude had 5 goals) and the roof nearly blew off when they scored the 11-10 Cup winning goal with a minute left. Very entertaining night overall IMO.

My only complaint was the announcer dude talks a little too much.

I guess i'm in the Minority here but I hope the Rush stick around and will definitely be checking out more games next season if they do :handclap: :thumbu: GO RUSH

I just got into the game this year when I enrolled my grandson after reading Bob McKenzie's "Hockey Dad" book (both his sons played Lacrosse). Rough and competitive sport for sure but very entertaining (my grandson sustained a broken hand and is now on the IR for the season). I caught a few Rush games at Rexall (including playoffs) and loved being there for the live experience - great family activity and so affordable! I find the announcers really get the crowd going - not like most Oiler games where you can only hear crickets. I really hope that the Rush stick around as well as we'll definitely be taking in more games!

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Not going to slap it in the face with the second tier sport vote, but I'd have no interest in watching. I do enjoy looking at their massive goalies though.

mike_miron_head.jpg

that goalie is awesome hahahah

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
No, the only sport I think I would follow with live coverage is water polo.

I already watch as much hockey and MMA as possible.
Whether or not it's a sport, I also watch tons of poker.

Don't have time for much else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad