Proposal: Would you do Hoglander for Lundkvist?

Nils swap

• Yes

Votes: 26 18.6%
  • No

Votes: 115 82.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.

If NY add a draft pick, maybe

tenor.gif

Last edited:

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I’m not a Rangers guy. That card is cool, do you have same for Hoglander?

I know you're not. I was speaking in generalized terms and just realized that it sounded like I meant you lol.

I'll see if JFresh has done one. They usually only do players in the news.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
A disgruntled player who is refusing to report to camp due to thinking he should be given a top 4 role despite being totally "meh" in his 1st stint in the NHL?

Sounds like the Rangers should actually add a bit more or settle for a Linus Karlsson player.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Way too risky to trade an established NHLer for an undersized offensive dman who struggled to produce in the AHL. He doesn't address a need and my limited viewing of him gives me Derrick Pouliot vibes. Not interested at all unless it's for someone like Dipietro or Woo

Reactions: sting101

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I don't know enough about Lundkvist to say for sure but it is definitely the type of deal that I would be looking at. Struggling young dman for struggling young winger. As much as I think Hogz has more to give, he might not even make the opening day lineup. Perhaps try to trade him for a dman with similar potential.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
What? No. Like not even close.

Lundkvist has no actual value to the Canucks other than he's a natural right side defender. He's a fairly small defender looking to be a PP QB that wasn't very effective in the AHL last season.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
No reason to bail out the Rangers with a return like Hoglander. He's a young, cheap player with real upside. Aside from being right handed, Lundkvist is a bad fit for our blue line anyways.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I get why Hoglander is the name thrown around for Lundkvist, but their value is not close right now.

The name that actually makes sense for a swap would be Klimovich. Both guys are probably in the "late 2nd/early 3rd" area of value. Canucks are pretty full on the wings up front and he was an old management pick anyway.

He is also one of the only prospect names we've got that has any value. Guys like DiPietro and Woo have zero value and are worth like 7th round picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: rypper

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Absolutely not, Lundkvist is worth Dickinson at the most.
What is amusing is that those who wanted Miller traded would have the Canucks accept lundkvist as the main part of the return. Like it was him, Chytil and a first.

There is no room for him on the Rangers right side with fox, Trouba and Schneider now. Left side has lindgren, Miller eating top 4 minutes.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As a 'throw in' as part of a bigger trade involving J.T. Miller, I'd say OK, depending on what else is coming back.

But about all Lundkvist has going for him is that he's a right shot defender. Canucks Army just did a 'deep-dive' on him and frankly the analytics are borderline alarming. And do the Canucks really need another sub-six-foot defender?

I thought the mandate from management was to get bigger, stronger and faster?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What is amusing is that those who wanted Miller traded would have the Canucks accept lundkvist as the main part of the return. Like it was him, Chytil and a first.

Many people who want Miller traded do not want that deal. Or is this just more of the lazy "it's the only offer they got!" because it was the only leak?

Even those that do want the deal would probably acknowledge that the 1st is the most valuable part of the offer.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Many people who want Miller traded do not want that deal. Or is this just more of the lazy "it's the only offer they got!" because it was the only leak?

Even those that do want the deal would probably acknowledge that the 1st is the most valuable part of the offer.
A late 1st at that..yippee.

Reactions: m9

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
No way. What are we supposed to do with the guy if we had him? We already have a large stack of offensive dmen that need sheltering and there's only so many guys like that you can carry.

People are really down on Hog after last year. I hope that unlike last year he gets reasonable opportunity to prove himself and develop this year, or at least pick up where he left off playing like he did at the very start of last season before he got Green'd.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad