Would you buy out Chris Kelly this summer if he can't be traded?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
He couldn't get traded quick enough for me. Pevs Segs Yeti Eriksson how many players can you put him with before you figure out that, he's been the problem on the 3rd line for 2 straight years .

68 games 6 goal 11 assists 17pt -11 that's worth 3 mil ? c'mon :help: buyout I doubt will happen. Trade heck ya ..needs to go

Last edited:

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
for this year I go with Kelly- he's still a very good defensive player but he's great in the locker room and this team likes continuity.

If we are talking baseball cards then you can move him but he brings a lot more- I asked Spooner about Kelly (of course if he said he sucked I wouldn't have posted it:laugh:) and he said always willing to help me- like a coach. And this part I like that he offered- 'he is so smart. unreal.' Last summer Knight skated in Ottawa with Methot Pro Camp with mostly Sens players but Kelly who lives up there joined the group late and Knight said the same thing- didn't know him that well, but real impressive guy, Just a good person and so much knowledge about situations, the game, little things, and willing to help without stepping over bounds. Knight said he felt real comfortable around him- lots of good things to say.

I know just from watching Behind the B that Claude would marry CK if he could and I think based on what he brings he is overpaid, but for this team right now I keep him and use him like a Swiss Army Knife on that bottom 6. I really keyed on him last night once I saw him at wing and his guy pretty much did **** Kelly suffocated him.

next year is a different story and Soderberg should be a lock for the third line and Spooner if not dealt should be first man up and ready to take a top three center spot if someone goes down,

Boston is deep at center barring injuries- love the Krejci, Bergeron, Yeti, Campbell group; one of the best in hockey

Great post ... Love Kelly as a player and mentor, just fear that with his salary (not his fault) he'll be the guy left without a chair when the music stops.

As for Clooode marrying CK if he could ... Well, he could, right? This is Massachusetts after all :laugh:

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Yes, I buy him out.

I like Chris Kelly, always have but he's been atrocious since returning from injury.

The bottom 6 on this team is going to look a lot different next season. Kelly, Thornton and Greg Campbell have to be put under the microscope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad