Proposal: Would you attend an HF Leaf Draft Party ?

Chrunchy91*

Mar 21, 2015
T Dot
I'm sure only 2-3 people would only come, because it would be too awkward meeting everyone...

What about skype?

waingr0

May 14, 2010
I am interested but I have to be the best man at a wedding the next day. I guess it depends on the location for me.

Last edited:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Oh geez, a young Brad Pitt? I don't look anything like him, but that second part describes me perfectly. When it comes to school, I have shockingly good grades for someone who loafs and barely studies :laugh:

You'd ruin my mental image? You are now downgraded to a younger Steve Buscemi.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
yes. :)
thank you :)

if people want to make this happen (an actual draft party), I can call places this week and see if we can book something. i will report.

it seems a lot of people want this downtown but i will endeavour to find the most affordable place.

Please do. Some places will throw in some free stuff (food) if you say a dozen plus people are coming.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm intrigued, depending on the venue, only thing that sucks for me will be parking in Toronto ugh, already going to be a huge commute lol.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pff, I prefer my mental images. Let's see:

Swervin81 - A young Pitt, gliding through life with the ease of natural talent.
Mess - Obviously, the Emperor. Not sure about the lightning-shooting though.
The Mentalist - A Canadian Sean Connery. Sophistication and weird accent included. He'll have to write to us on HFBoards so we know what he's saying.
Cor - Nicolas Cage. Constantly smiling.
CalgaryLeaf - Like Wendel Clark. Obviously.
yubbers - Eminem done wrong.
senor martinez - A Pierre-version of Bruce Boudreau.

None of these could possibly be wrong.

Edit: Hope no one takes offense, there is not a single ill-meant thought included in this post.

:laugh: Wouldn't say Nicolas Cage. I do smile quiet a bit though :)

Think a non-high, non-jewish Seth Rogen :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm sure only 2-3 people would only come, because it would be too awkward meeting everyone...

What about skype?

why would it be awkward meeting people? I've met some HF people before. it's like meeting.... people. you sit down and you talk sports (or watch a game).

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
why would it be awkward meeting people? I've met some HF people before. it's like meeting.... people. you sit down and you talk sports (or watch a game).

It's not that bad. On the old Maple Leafs forum, I met a guy off there, who funny enough happened to know another friend of mine. Lived close by, partied with them a few times and got white girl wasted, wasn't awkward at all and we could chat sports.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's not that bad. On the old Maple Leafs forum, I met a guy off there, who funny enough happened to know another friend of mine. Lived close by, partied with them a few times and got white girl wasted, wasn't awkward at all and we could chat sports.

I like ice cream too!

(RT if you get the reference)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Damn I totally forgot about that movie.

Honestly love Big Daddy, Billy Madison, and Happy Gilmor but haven't been that keen on his other movies, seem like rehashes every time.

Although I will say Funny People was good, and the new one he has coming out might be checking out on a cheap Tuesday night.

Leaf Warrior

Jan 16, 2015
Come over to my house people! I have lots or room where I live in my Mothers basement!

Phil is coming over for cookies later!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

What about skype?

We've already got 4 people committed to this (me, BlueBaron, Daisy, and 81), and that's just at the very least (couple others already expressed interest). My hours are static so I know I'm free on that day. I'd expect a couple more people in addition. It's not like we're meeting up in a dark alley on Jane and Finch. It's a public place where there'll be hundreds of Leaf fans near a really busy transit terminal. Nothing's gonna happen.

And the awkwardness factor is overrated. Within a few minutes, you'll feel like home.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Inspired by our discussion of another draft party. Would people be interested in having our own here in Toronto ? If so feel free to post location suggestions and I will add a poll for that in a few days if people are interested.

God no.

Sorry, but I don't trust any of you to not be extremely weird/creepy/stupid.

:laugh: Without a doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad