Proposal: Would you attend an HF Leaf Draft Party ?

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
Whoever is organizing this get together would have to find a venue that is easily accessible by transit for most (not likely a problem in Toronto) and the venue would have to be showing the NHL draft on TV while providing good food and drinks affordable for most people.

This can be slightly challenging, but rewarding for those that do attend.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
Can't say I'd make the trek from Windsor, but seeing some of the faces behind the posters would be interesting.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Similar to Sabre if I lived in TOR I would consider it. Feel like it would be the same as our GDT threads only instead of reading I would be hearing you guys/gals shouting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I wouldn't mind it. I live a bit out, but I got the day off, so I can always drive in. It'd be neat to actually meet you guys, to see who is actually 50 years old or closer to my age, you know, put a face to everyone

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Can't say I'd make the trek from Windsor, but seeing some of the faces behind the posters would be interesting.

Pff, I prefer my mental images. Let's see:

Swervin81 - A young Pitt, gliding through life with the ease of natural talent.
Mess - Obviously, the Emperor. Not sure about the lightning-shooting though.
The Mentalist - A Canadian Sean Connery. Sophistication and weird accent included. He'll have to write to us on HFBoards so we know what he's saying.
Cor - Nicolas Cage. Constantly smiling.
CalgaryLeaf - Like Wendel Clark. Obviously.
yubbers - Eminem done wrong.
senor martinez - A Pierre-version of Bruce Boudreau.

None of these could possibly be wrong.

Edit: Hope no one takes offense, there is not a single ill-meant thought included in this post.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

The Mentalist - A Canadian Sean Connery. Sophistication and weird accent included. He'll have to write to us on HFBoards so we know what he's saying.

Edit: Hope no one takes offense, there is not a single ill-meant thought included in this post.

I am hurt that you did not include me. hurt, i tell you.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You are obviously a Scarlett Jo, because that's how beautiful you are on the inside. :naughty:

(Did I make it up to you?)

yes. :)
thank you :)

if people want to make this happen (an actual draft party), I can call places this week and see if we can book something. i will report.

it seems a lot of people want this downtown but i will endeavour to find the most affordable place.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Oh geez, a young Brad Pitt? I don't look anything like him, but that second part describes me perfectly. When it comes to school, I have shockingly good grades for someone who loafs and barely studies :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad