Line Combos: Would the Bruins ever consider: Kelly-Bergeron-Peverley?

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Agreed on all counts except maybe that first sentence which I take to mean for Bergeron's presence his time on ice is actually a little too low.
.Marchy is an excellent player but with Seguin's recent improvement I think Marchand is their weakest defensive forward. He tries and he covers the middle but he loses his assignment quite often.

--
That was what I meant.

-
On Marchand, I agree. He needs a rounded 2 way center. That is what I meamt.

So placing Bergeron on the third, is beaking the Marcahnd - Bergeron duo and also, to be possible, the DK- Lucic duo. I would be more ok with Seguin between Lucic and Horton than him between Marchand and the new guy.

So that means you break up your two best O combinations to creat one, which you can't know the result and the consistancy.

My feeling is bring in a big third line winger, and more important a no 3 defence. With that, we will be extremely tough to play against, with Rask playing the way he is. You will also be built for tight and playoffs games.

You won't fill in opponents goal, but you will be built with a calm team, responding well to pressure. Ultimately, you need one more goal than the opponents to win games.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I like Krejci Bergeron Kelly as the 1-2-3 centers. Seguin is fine at wing. A 3rd line wing w some pop and who can provide a physical presence is all that's needed. Along with a top-4 dman.

LKH
Marchand Bergy Seguin
(Morrow) Kelly Peverly
Merlot

Chara (Streit)
Seidenberg Hamilton
Ference Boychuk

McQuaid
Johnson

Chiarelli has the assets needed to acquire Streit. He wouldn't be a savior here, but another vet who can calmly move the puck would only benefit this team. Morrow could probably be had cheaply, and he'd slot in we'll alongside Kelly and Peverly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad