Blue Jays Discussion: Would rather get punched in May than knocked out in October - ALCS bound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
If Harold Reynolds is anywhere close to the World Series broadcast booth, we should invade the United States. This is a proportional response.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
not sure if serious?

drake night is a night where it is dedicated to the raptors global ambassador (the artist drake) in which you get t-shirts and a bunch of other things as well as getting to see a basketball game.

Was serious, didn't know what it meant.

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to buy a t-shirt and get tickets to another cheaper game?
Promo stuff is crap anyway, at least when the Leafs give it out. I usually give it to a Hobo on the way out.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Limited edition OVO stuff is super nice (and if we want to go down this road, generally sells for $100+ easily online)

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Was serious, didn't know what it meant.

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to buy a t-shirt and get tickets to another cheaper game?
Promo stuff is crap anyway, at least when the Leafs give it out. I usually give it to a Hobo on the way out.

Absolutely untrue with the OVO brand Drake night stuff. The quality is top notch and they sell for over $100 online after.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Absolutely untrue with the OVO brand Drake night stuff. The quality is top notch and they sell for over $100 online after.

Hope the Leafs learn from that.

Anyway, back to Baseball.

Could have went to Cleveland tomorrow but life is in the way. May not even be able to watch much of the game.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I have Leaf tix tomorrow and I honestly have no idea what the right move is.

Dumped my Leaf tix, have a concert to attend....poor life planning.

watch a leaf game live vs watching a game 1/7 on tv?

Easy choice.

That will be Game 2.

Jays would be the easy choice for me, can watch the Leafs lose anytime.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Load up on your dataplan, put the SN Now app on your phone (if it's not already there), start watching the game, and switch to your phone when you need to head to the game...that or huddle around someone else who is watching on their phone. :)

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Dumped my Leaf tix, have a concert to attend....poor life planning.

That will be Game 2.

Jays would be the easy choice for me, can watch the Leafs lose anytime.

Difference between live and TV for me.

If they were both live, id 100% take the jays.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

when-people-ask-me-if-we-should-get-fries-or-wings-with-our-pizza-why-not-both-1460322811.jpg

Jays are on at 4pm ET

Leafs don't start until 7pm ET

One will probably be done (or close to done) before the other .. Plus with Leaf pre-game ceremonies to open the season, that probably will not start closer to 7:30 anyway. If you need time to get to the ACC, go to a bar for the Jays game nearby beforehand.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
when-people-ask-me-if-we-should-get-fries-or-wings-with-our-pizza-why-not-both-1460322811.jpg

Jays are on at 4pm ET

Leafs don't start until 7pm ET

One will probably be done (or close to done) before the other .. Plus with Leaf pre-game ceremonies to open the season, that probably will not start closer to 7:30 anyway. If you need time to get to the ACC, go to a bar for the Jays game nearby beforehand.

I'm sure many will watch the Jays on the concourse and then head to their seats once the game is over....that's what I would do.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Load up on your dataplan, put the SN Now app on your phone (if it's not already there), start watching the game, and switch to your phone when you need to head to the game...that or huddle around someone else who is watching on their phone. :)

Yeah I have MLB TV which is why I'm leaning to just watch from the seats (although honestly might just watch at Crown Corner).

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Sell the tickets, watch the Blue Jays, use the proceeds to buy tickets for March 18th when the Hawks are in town.

Oh yeah, and profit.

Tried to avoid that today

Me at work: Can I get the Hawks tickets for March 18th?
Company ticket person: :laugh:
Me: :(

So maybe that's not a bad idea

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
So looking back at the scores. The only clinching game that was not a one run game, or a walk off was the NL Wild Card game., and all those runs were scored in 9th as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad