Blue Jays Discussion: Would rather get punched in May than knocked out in October - ALCS bound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Unbelievable how much crappy seats are going for on Stubhub. Might have to sell two Leaf games to pay for it.

Welcome to the modern ticket market. I wanted tickets for the Raptors exhibition game in Vancouver. They were sold out from ticket master in <5 minutes and immediate resale prices on stubhub were at least $150 for nosebleed seats.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Keep in mind Stubhub shows their prices in USD and the service charge they tack on at the end is also substantial.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Welcome to the modern ticket market. I wanted tickets for the Raptors exhibition game in Vancouver. They were sold out from ticket master in <5 minutes and immediate resale prices on stubhub were at least $150 for nosebleed seats.

I imagine closer to the game those prices dropped substantially. No one would pay that for Basketball, let alone exhibition Basketball.

I sold my Leaf/Hab tickets pre-season for $18 US each, was happy to get it.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I imagine closer to the game those prices dropped substantially. No one would pay that for Basketball, let alone exhibition Basketball.

i paid near that for nosebleeds for drake night against Cleveland

and so did a whole bunch of people, so i wouldn't necessarily say people would not pay that for basketball.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

and so did a whole bunch of people, so i wouldn't necessarily say people would not pay that for basketball.

Awesome, what's a drake night?

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Estrada
Happ
Stroman
Sanchez

was precisely what I expected. I like our chances, especially considering how miserable pitching was in last year's ALCS.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

Yeah Raps playoff tickets in the upper bowl were going for $300 US last year against Cleveland.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Sets up Estrada for game 5, Happ for game 6, and Stroman for game 7 with the option to have Sanchez out of the pen.

I like it.

Yup. I like Stro for a potential game 7 as I've said before with Sanchez an option out of the Pen that game. Love it.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

They do. Went to Boston and bought tickets off Stubhub to a Red Sox game this season for half the price they wanted the week before.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
not sure if serious?

drake night is a night where it is dedicated to the raptors global ambassador (the artist drake) in which you get t-shirts and a bunch of other things as well as getting to see a basketball game.

Sound stupid to be honest.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Wow, this game is nutty. Jansen goes 51 pitches after having a career-high of 32...and now Kershaw comes in in relief on 1 day rest vs Murphy with runners on.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Shame he won't be able to do games 1-4-7 against the Cubs. Maybe they'll try to pitch him 2-5 and 7th in relief.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Shame he won't be able to do games 1-4-7 against the Cubs. Maybe they'll try to pitch him 2-5 and 7th in relief.

He only threw a few pitches. You go with him 1-4-7 starting regardless as the Dodgers.

This is the best pitcher since peak Pedro or Clemens... Heck maybe literally the best pitcher of all time.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
He only threw a few pitches. You go with him 1-4-7 starting regardless as the Dodgers.

This is the best pitcher since peak Pedro or Clemens... Heck maybe literally the best pitcher of all time.

Yeah, if he can do that and look himself, Dodgers definitely have a good shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad