Speculation: Would Phaneuf waive his NMC to go to Vegas?

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
There's plenty of tv/movie production in Toronto. I'm sure if EC wanted to, she could find tons of work.

But a quick look at IMDB shows that she is a regular on The Ranch which is filmed in LA.

She is also in the new Goon movie (Last of the Enforcers) which was filmed pretty much in Toronto/Barrie.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
"Does Elisha Cuthbert work/ live in LA? If so, perhaps Phaneuf would quietly waive his NMC and allow Sens to expose him in order to be closer to his wife."

She's much too good for that cesspool let alone be a reason for Dion to wave.

I totally read your first post as you implying that she was not pretty enough by LA standards anymore to work there.

But then you cleared things up and now HFSens is back to being a happy place!

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
He's also become good friends with EK, we don't need to get rid of another of EKs friends please :)

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Sens are not at the cap anyways. Might as well keep him. No guarantee Melnyk would spend the money on anyone else.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Am willing to keep Phaneuf until 1000+ games but I think he'll need to be our #5-6 defenceman in a few years.

Last edited:

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I totally read your first post as you implying that she was not pretty enough by LA standards anymore to work there.

But then you cleared things up and now HFSens is back to being a happy place!

I would never post such a thing!:laugh:

I'm just glad this is all cleaned up:laugh:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't know if Phaneuf would be willing to move again. Just recently moved to Ottawa and bought a house. Don't know if he would want to do it all over again. This time though he would have too move across the country.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, that's the idea. It helps us keep the top 4D as the chance of him getting picked are slim. Same kind of logic would apply to Ryan and keeping the current top 6 intact.

That I can get behind. But how could we know if Vegas would NOT pick Ryan or Phaneuf?

Protect :

Stone-Hoffman-Turris-Brassard-Dzingel-Pageau-Lazar
Karlsson-Methot-Ceci
Anderson

It leaves unprotected :

Phaneuf-Ryan-MacArthur-Wideman-Borowiecki-Hammond-Claesson-Varone-Driedger-McCormick-Robinson-Blunden-Sieloff-Rupert

And who would they select Wideman?

I think it would be risky to lose of Ryan or Phaneuf. But if we can protect Methot, it might be worth it. However, Phaneuf probably wouldn't waive.

Can we just pay Vegas a 3rd round pick to know who they would pick? lol

Am willing to keep Phaneuf until 1000+ games but I think he'll need to be our #5-6 defenceman in a few years.

He is only 31 years old and has only 4 years left after this season... If he doesn't get injuries and continues to be serious on fitness, he won't really decline. He doesn't rely on speed/skating but more on great positioning, great passing and physical play as well as a great shot

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
He is only 31 years old and has only 4 years left after this season... If he doesn't get injuries and continues to be serious on fitness, he won't really decline. He doesn't rely on speed/skating but more on great positioning, great passing and physical play as well as a great shot

Even if he doesn't decline i'd like him as our bottom pairing d man in a few years , if we keep improving until we become a top eastern team again and someone like Chabot or another player hopefully is good enough for the top 4.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Phaneuf is a overpaid positive influence on the team.
Ryan is an overpaid negative influence on the team.

We can afford one bad contract, especially in Phaneufs case with receding salary.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What Ottawa really needs, is to have an expansion draft in about 2019. That's when we would have a few of our kids pushing in both the top 6 and second pairing D slot and it would've ben easy to let go of Phaneuf or Ryan (and they'd be more attractive to their teams with their contracts a lot shorter).

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Phaneuf is a overpaid positive influence on the team.
Ryan is an overpaid negative influence on the team.

We can afford one bad contract, especially in Phaneufs case with receding salary.
Ryan just doesnt live up t hia contract. Hes not a negative influence. By all accounts he'd a great guy in and out of the locker room.

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
Ryan just doesnt live up t hia contract. Hes not a negative influence. By all accounts he'd a great guy in and out of the locker room.

My biggest problem is the he is lazy as **** on defence and young guys come up and they are going to think that that is acceptable...that is the reason why everyone should be held to the same standard

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He's also become good friends with EK, we don't need to get rid of another of EKs friends please :)

I hear that some of the more passionate posters on this board are trying to play match maker and get Karlsson to become best friends with Bobby Ryan.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
My biggest problem is the he is lazy as **** on defence and young guys come up and they are going to think that that is acceptable...that is the reason why everyone should be held to the same standard

If you think he's "lazy on defense", how would you describe Mike Hoffman's defensive game?

Everything you wrote is complete nonsense. He's actually solid in his own end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad