Speculation: Would Phaneuf waive his NMC to go to Vegas?

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Does Elisha Cuthbert work/ live in LA? If so, perhaps Phaneuf would quietly waive his NMC and allow Sens to expose him in order to be closer to his wife.

Vegas may need some inflated contracts just to hit the floor, and a veteran Dman/ leader/ ex-captain might be just what they need back there.

Anyway, just spitballin.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Didn't Phaneuf buy a house in Ottawa?

I am assuming that Cuthbert lives there too when she is not working.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe, but that doesn't mean that LV would claim him. Who knows, maybe he wants to go to a rebuilding team, me he loves gambling, maybe he hates snow.

Not sure we need a whole thread on this though.

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I really hate to sound so harsh here but have you seen Elisha lately? LA?

Absolutely no disrespect though. She's a lovely woman and Dion is a very lucky man.

Realistically though, Pha9 is going nowhere anytime soon which is best-case for the #Sens.

We need his leadership desperately.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I think the issue about asking him to waive is the expectations that both the Senators and Phaneuf believe there is virtually no chance Vegas claims him.

If Phaneuf agrees to waiving his NMC it is because he thinks Vegas has no intention of selecting him so the team can stay more competitive by protecting Methot.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think the issue about asking him to waive is the expectations that both the Senators and Phaneuf believe there is virtually no chance Vegas claims him.

If Phaneuf agrees to waiving his NMC it is because he thinks Vegas has no intention of selecting him so the team can stay more competitive by protecting Methot.

Yeah, that's the idea. It helps us keep the top 4D as the chance of him getting picked are slim. Same kind of logic would apply to Ryan and keeping the current top 6 intact.

stubbadub

Jul 12, 2009
Nova Scotia
open.spotify.com
I really hate to sound so harsh here but have you seen Elisha lately? LA?

Absolutely no disrespect though. She's a lovely woman and Dion is a very lucky man.

Realistically though, Pha9 is going nowhere anytime soon which is best-case for the #Sens.

We need his leadership desperately.

I've seen her lately. Why are you questioning LA? Does she not live up to your beauty standards?What do your comments about her have to add to the NMC that Phaneuf holds and the possibility of him waiving it?

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I've seen her lately. Why are you questioning LA? Does she not live up to your beauty standards?What do your comments about her have to add to the NMC that Phaneuf holds and the possibility of him waiving it?

I'll have you know my definition of 'beauty' far exceeds the usual 'LA standard,' and hence my post. An absolutely gorgeous woman who has aged gracefully and naturally away from the plastic fakeness of the Hollywood scene. A beautiful, talented artist able to pick and choose when, where and how she'll sow her seed; not having to ***** herself out to the highest bidder.

The fact you jumped right into simple vanity to attack my post really says a lot about you as an individual, I'm sorry to say.:shakehead

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Maybe, but that doesn't mean that LV would claim him. Who knows, maybe he wants to go to a rebuilding team, me he loves gambling, maybe he hates snow.

Not sure we need a whole thread on this though.

We don't... but there's blood in the water what with the potential Ryan revelation. I'm happily surprised with the tone of this thread.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I'll have you know my definition of 'beauty' far exceeds the usual 'LA standard,' and hence my post. An absolutely gorgeous woman who has aged gracefully and naturally away from the plastic fakeness of the Hollywood scene. A beautiful, talented artist able to pick and choose when, where and how she'll sow her seed; not having to ***** herself out to the highest bidder.

The fact you jumped right into simple vanity to attack my post really says a lot about you as an individual, I'm sorry to say.:shakehead

That's probably Sean Avery's account.

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Maybe I should spell it out

"I really hate to sound so harsh (towards Hollywood) here but have you seen Elisha lately? LA?

Absolutely no disrespect though (towards Hollywood). She's a lovely woman and Dion is a very lucky man."

Do we always split towards the negative and offensive here? Is this the norm on these boards? Attack, attack, attack? :shakehead

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Maybe I should spell it out

"I really hate to sound so harsh (towards Hollywood) here but have you seen Elisha lately? LA?

Absolutely no disrespect though (towards Hollywood). She's a lovely woman and Dion is a very lucky man."

Do we always split towards the negative and offensive here? Is this the norm on these boards? Attack, attack, attack? :shakehead

I wasn't attacking you at all.. but what does LA and/or Hollywood have to do with this? My best guess is you're implying they've rejected her... i have no idea... sure, she's attractive, i think we all agree on that

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I wasn't attacking you at all.. but what does LA and/or Hollywood have to do with this? My best guess is you're implying they've rejected her... i have no idea... sure, she's attractive, i think we all agree on that

"Does Elisha Cuthbert work/ live in LA? If so, perhaps Phaneuf would quietly waive his NMC and allow Sens to expose him in order to be closer to his wife."

She's much too good for that cesspool let alone be a reason for Dion to wave.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
e31.jpg

And in the most stupid of ways too.....

--------------

Answer to the question: no, I don't think so. Everything I have heard is that Dion has enjoyed his stay in Ottawa and if that is the case why would he risk leaving

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
"Does Elisha Cuthbert work/ live in LA? If so, perhaps Phaneuf would quietly waive his NMC and allow Sens to expose him in order to be closer to his wife."

She's much too good for that cesspool let alone be a reason for Dion to wave.

Ahh, I just don't think of LA as a cesspool, that's where the misunderstanding was. I'm glad we talked that out!

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Ahh, I just don't think of LA as a cesspool, that's where the misunderstanding was. I'm glad we talked that out!

So that's it. :laugh: Touché!

Dion is severely underrated overall around the league. He's one of those one-in-a-hundred players who not only contributes to the overall stat line; but makes all those around him that much slightly better. Call it hooey or whatever, but that stuff is rare in sports.

You gotta cherish that

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
So that's it. :laugh: Touché!

Dion is severely underrated overall around the league. He's one of those one-in-a-hundred players who not only contributes to the overall stat line; but makes all those around him that much slightly better. Call it hooey or whatever, but that stuff is rare in sports.

You gotta cherish that

See, we agree on the more important things! I agree with all of that. I'd add that he's a bit overpaid, but not LA style overpaid :laugh:

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
To add another dimension to this: if we have players with NMCs who are simply willing to waive those NMCs to go to an expansion team, that doesn't speak well about our organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad