Would Ottawa have beaten Nashville?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
No wrong answers to be honest. They were 1 goal away from beating Pittsburgh. If Ottawa can beat Pittsburgh, they sure as heck can stand a chance against Nashville.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'd say it's 50/50. I think the Senators could hang with the Johansen-less Preds

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
With the injuries yes without them no. Thats the honest answer. Ill be cheering for the preds but they are in alot of trouble now.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
They had a legitimate shot.

Nashville provides a different challenge to the Senators, but if they could have handled Crosby and Malkin at centre, I'm pretty sure they could have managed well against anything that Nashville throws out down the middle.

Take a look at past Stanley cup winners and tell me if a team has won a cup with Nashville's state at center. I admire their team but Johansen was one injury that they just could not afford.

Unless the Penguins goaltending goes into Bernier mode, I just think the pens are poised to repeat. The Sens would have given the preds a real good run too.

Sir Karlsson

Apr 9, 2017
They barely beat the NYR and then lost to a very beatup Pens team. They aren't that good so no.

You mean the two best teams in the east? NYR was just as dangerous as caps with the hottest goalie at the time. Sorry but Caps is not a playoff threat regardless of regular season success.

Go preds!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They had a legitimate shot.

Nashville provides a different challenge to the Senators, but if they could have handled Crosby and Malkin at centre, I'm pretty sure they could have managed well against anything that Nashville throws out down the middle.

Take a look at past Stanley cup winners and tell me if a team has won a cup with Nashville's state at center. I admire their team but Johansen was one injury that they just could not afford.

Unless the Penguins goaltending goes into Bernier mode, I just think the pens are poised to repeat. The Sens would have given the preds a real good run too.

Take a look at past teams. How many have won without a 1d?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You mean the two best teams in the east? NYR was just as dangerous as caps with the hottest goalie at the time. Sorry but Caps is not a playoff threat regardless of regular season success.

Go preds!

Sure they were now that saying so makes your team look better. I seriously doubt the sens do as well against Pitt or Wsh should they have faced off in the 1st or 2nd round. That's why they're out of the PO's now.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
I personally think Nashville's defensive depth would have been too much. But having said that, they have had a lot of key injuries so perhaps they would have. Either way kudos on a great run Sens fans. Much respect!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad