Would Detroit offer Lucic $8 million + a year?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Obviously not for 8 million a year

A 30 goal scorer that can literally fight anyone in the league and hits as hard as about anyone but wouldnt wat him because "oh no hes a bully :cry: ".

What was Probert if not a bully? Search Probert hits goalie on youtube and watch any of the first page basically. Dallas Drake was a head hunter. Maltby was a punk. Dmacs infamous sucker punch on Claude was just that, a sucker punch. The wings had Bertuzzi for years, Tootoo was signed here. Derian Hatcher another guy that played in Detroit. But people dont want Lucic because hes a bully, gotcha After watching this series I'll say it like I do every year but its obvious that the wings need more guys that play like Abdelkader this time of year. Lucic would be a bigger version with just as much skill.

Facing Abdelkader and Looch in the same series would be scary for dmen on other teams. Add a guy like Martin on the fourth line as well and this team would be terrifying

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Lucic isn't good enough to change the trajectory of the franchise, he'd just be an expensive piece that makes the team a little more average. Exactly the sort of player you don't really need when your stars are all on their way out and you don't have any elite players on the roster anymore.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Obviously not for 8 million a year

A 30 goal scorer that can literally fight anyone in the league and hits as hard as about anyone but wouldnt wat him because "oh no hes a bully :cry: ".

What was Probert if not a bully? Search Probert hits goalie on youtube and watch any of the first page basically. Dallas Drake was a head hunter. Maltby was a punk. Dmacs infamous sucker punch on Claude was just that, a sucker punch. The wings had Bertuzzi for years, Tootoo was signed here. Derian Hatcher another guy that played in Detroit. But people dont want Lucic because hes a bully, gotcha After watching this series I'll say it like I do every year but its obvious that the wings need more guys that play like Abdelkader this time of year. Lucic would be a bigger version with just as much skill.

Facing Abdelkader and Looch in the same series would be scary for dmen on other teams. Add a guy like Martin on the fourth line as well and this team would be terrifying

I like how 3 of the guys you mention, I definitely didn't want, nor liked, before, during, and after their time in Detroit, Same with when they had Ulf Samuellsson(UGHH!). Also, Probert didn't charge after nothing but smaller players, and didn't constantly whine and moan about every little thing that happened to him, like Lucic does. Also, Wings fans don't like Abdelkader for his recent actions against TB, cause he normally doesn't go off the rails like that. They like him, cause he plays hard for the team, every night.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Lucic is easily one of my top five most hated players of all time. He's a whiny baby and a cheap shot artist.
The only guys I can think of that I hated more are Bryan Marchment, Claude Lemieux, Patrick Roy, and Chelios while he was in Chicago.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Lucic is easily one of my top five most hated players of all time. He's a whiny baby and a cheap shot artist.
The only guys I can think of that I hated more are Bryan Marchment, Claude Lemieux, Patrick Roy, and Chelios while he was in Chicago.

And all those guys you mentioned are winners (Except for Marchment)

Red Wing fans want the cute little Nyquist and Tatar getting tossed around like rag dolls and the other teams laughing at us. God forbid we have someone that is physical.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I like how 3 of the guys you mention, I definitely didn't want, nor liked, before, during, and after their time in Detroit, Same with when they had Ulf Samuellsson(UGHH!). Also, Probert didn't charge after nothing but smaller players, and didn't constantly whine and moan about every little thing that happened to him, like Lucic does. Also, Wings fans don't like Abdelkader for his recent actions against TB, cause he normally doesn't go off the rails like that. They like him, cause he plays hard for the team, every night.

How do you know why wings fans like Abdelkader for going off the rails last night? I'm sure plenty like him more now than they used to.

As for Lucic, there is no one bigger than him in the league. When there was he fought guys like Colton Orr but those guys dont exist anymore. He's basically as tough as it gets in the NHL right now and can do what he wants because no one can do anything to stop him.

Also who are all these small guys Looch has fought? Compared to actual fighters he hasnt fought many

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How do you know why wings fans like Abdelkader for going off the rails last night? I'm sure plenty like him more now than they used to.

As for Lucic, there is no one bigger than him in the league. When there was he fought guys like Colton Orr but those guys dont exist anymore. He's basically as tough as it gets in the NHL right now and can do what he wants because no one can do anything to stop him.

Also who are all these small guys Looch has fought? Compared to actual fighters he hasnt fought many

I didn't say fought. He will go after smaller players he knows won't fight him. He is one of the most hated guys in the league, for a reason, and his skill has nothing to do with it. He had 55 points, so he ain't even that good to begin with.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Here is some hindsight to propose:

If Holland had signed both Suter and Parise, how much different would things be here?

Suter would be a massive upgrade, obviously. But would this team be a legit cup contender and be able to reach the finals these past few years?

And you can't just pick one as it's a package deal. For as much hype, things haven't worked out for Minnesota either.

I never liked parise and he isn't what we needed. But suter was. Had we got both I think our team would be similar minus green and maybe Ericsson for that money. Also I don't think dat would have gotten that there year deal either.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I wouldn't mind Lucic but why would we offer him so much money?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I wouldn't sign him for 8M a year. Maybe around 6M - 6.5M, but even then, it's a lot for a player that has a lot of wear and tear on his body. Might backfire like it did with Clarkson.

He's certainly more proven than Clarkson/Horton, but still, they are the same type, power forwards

Last edited:

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
I didn't say fought. He will go after smaller players he knows won't fight him. He is one of the most hated guys in the league, for a reason, and his skill has nothing to do with it. He had 55 points, so he ain't even that good to begin with.

I wouldn't want Lucic hear for $8 million. I also think he plays like a *********. But can you back up that he is one of the most hated guys in the league? Because in my opinion you made a leep once when saying Wings fans didn't like what Abby has done, you can't paint such a broad stroke, or speak your opinion as if it's everyone elses.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
He doesn't meets Holland's age requirement. At least 35 years old and about 1-3 years from retirement is required for signing.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I wouldn't sign him for 8M a year. Maybe around 6M - 6.5M, but even then, it's a lot for a player that has a lot of wear and tear on his body. Might backfire like it did with Clarkson.

He's certainly more proven than Clarkson/Horton, but still, they are the same type, power forwards

6 might be ok. The problem is that he takes so many bad penalties and is a majority of the time only a physical precence when hes playing non-physical players.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
If we had like 3 D in the 19-21 age range all about to be top 4 NHL level D with potential to be 1s and 2s on ELCs it might make sense to go after Lucic

But since Detroit has no top pairing upside D in the pipeline, it doesn't really matter

I mean if it brings fans to games and sells merchandise they might consider it, but it seems like the least likely Ken Holland thing imaginable

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I wouldn't want Lucic hear for $8 million. I also think he plays like a *********. But can you back up that he is one of the most hated guys in the league? Because in my opinion you made a leap once when saying Wings fans didn't like what Abby has done, you can't paint such a broad stroke, or speak your opinion as if it's everyone elses.

Sure can, back it up. Here and many, many countless places, I have read many other fans thoughts on the guy. He is definitely way up there in being hated by fans, outside of maybe Boston and LA. TSN used to allow people posting their opinions on stories, and anytime Lucic was mentioned, nothing but hate, was the message that came across loud and clear. Definitely earned hate as well.

The Abdelkader thing from this thread, was because Abdelkader is well liked among most Wings fans, but he doesn't usually cross the line like he did at the end of Game 1. So fans liking of him, to me doesn't seem like it comes from him pummeling an unprotected player.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

He'll go after anyone because there is literlly noone in the league that can stop him. I dont like Lucic at all when Detoits playing him, but thats because he does his job well.

That 55 points thats no good wouldve led Detroit in points and goals this year though wouldnt it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad