Would Detroit offer Lucic $8 million + a year?

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
I would love Lucic. He is the closest thing to Probert, a heavyweight that knows how to score. Yes please.

400 PIM and 30 goals by Probert is just as unbreakable as any of Gretzky's records.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sure... Dirtbag Milan Lucic with a terrible contract will just solve all our problems.

utvolsfan

Oct 24, 2015
I've been saying this team needs toughness, but no thank you on Lucic. I would rather look at Matt Martin, Callahan and Bertuzzi. All would be way cheaper, not to mention all skate way better then the plodder

Last edited:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Over paying for named vets that have put in their best years elsewhere is not going to save this sinking ship. It's a bandaid on a bullet wound.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Just Lucic? No, he wouldn't fit in. Transform the team into a physical style of team and he would look better.

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014
I would love Lucic. He is the closest thing to Probert, a heavyweight that knows how to score. Yes please.

400 PIM and 30 goals by Probert is just as unbreakable as any of Gretzky's records.

I'd grudgingly say Lucic is probably the better hockey player in terms of overall skill, but he's a cowardly bully who rarely steps up against guys his own size. He plays big when he has someone bigger to back him up and bail him out when he bites off more than he can chew. He'd never have stepped up against Probert were they contemporaries. On this team, Lucic would be about as useful as Bertuzzi was--less so, because at least Bert picked up a few shootout points for us with his skillful hands. Lucic would just take dumb penalties, and his lauded physicality would wilt since this team has no one whose skirts he can hide behind when he's called to the plate by someone that can actually throw. No thanks, certainly not at 8+ million/yr.

Glenn

Jan 22, 2013
What would be the point? Lucic hasn't been a good player for a long while now. He used to be effective, but that stopped a couple of years before he left Boston.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Hopefully not. Lucic is not the solution to the current problem, he is just a much higherpaid somewhat more talented version of Bertuzzi. This team is not an overpaid winger away from being good.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why ever on earth would anyone want Lucic on Detroit? He has talent yes, but he is a loud mouth bully. He is a whiner and moaner, and oh yeah, among the dirtiest players that are currently in the NHL. Bottomline, he is a Huge Idiot!

I hope he never gets anywhere near an offer from Detroit.

Also, on what planet is Lucic worth 8 million dollars? 55 points gets you 6.5 maybe, but 8???

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
I understand fans not wanting Lucic, he is a polarizing player. Certainly wouldn't want him at 8M, the contract would need to make sense.

When Brad Richards is one of the toughest guys on the team it is something that needs addressed.

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
I dont think he gets 8M. That being said I think you have to sign him if you can get him at a slight overpayment.

6.5 to 7M as long the years are not crazy.

The possibility of a 1 to 2 punch of Prime Lucic and Prime Abdelkader is actually quite scary to play against.

Reno

Jan 21, 2007
I don't know if i could watch this team if they had Lucic. I'm already very uncomfortable with what Abdelkader did last night. Lucic does that every game

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I understand fans not wanting Lucic, he is a polarizing player. Certainly wouldn't want him at 8M, the contract would need to make sense.

When Brad Richards is one of the toughest guys on the team it is something that needs addressed.

Firstly Brad Richards is not one of the toughest guys on this team but that's not a big deal. Your point stands that this current iteration of the wings is soft. But honestly this doesn't need addressing especially with a long-term contract unless you're absurdly short-sighted.

Firstly we have Abdelkader whose a straight goon. He wasn't quite so bad under Babcock who I think tried to rein him in for penalty purposes but I think he's showing his true colors against Tampa. He's essentially a smaller and less dirty Lucic.

But more importantly look at the prospects we've been drafting. Svech does not get walked on by anybody ( he makes many the bone- crunching hit...some of them questionable) and Lil' Bert lives up to big Bert's legacy (a little dirtier but less strong so it evens out). Then we've got AA and Mantha both of whom are big and strong if not particularly physical. Still it's going too be tough for other teams to run them. Larkin will be able to hold his own too once he fills out a bit. He's still a kid.

Those are our future core pieces on offense. Will we still have some sweet hearts like Nyquist? Yeah. But this team's top six is going to be big, and some of them mean. If we pick up another couple of big guys in free agency for the fourth line to play with Glendening (think Brandon Prust or Brian Boyle) as well as keep Jurco and Sheahan around this team is going to be intimidating.

We don't need scum of the Earth filth like Lucic that makes you ashamed to be a hockey fan let alone a human because having a single shared quality with him is one quality too many.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Firstly Brad Richards is not one of the toughest guys on this team but that's not a big deal. Your point stands that this current iteration of the wings is soft. But honestly this doesn't need addressing especially with a long-term contract unless you're absurdly short-sighted.

We don't need scum of the Earth filth like Lucic that makes you ashamed to be a hockey fan let alone a human because having a single shared quality with him is one quality too many.

I didn't think so either before this series. Richards has shown some real grit, going to the dirty areas and not putting up with TB's crap. Been very happy with his play, honestly not sure who else I can say that about.

Your last paragraph made me laugh, I understand your thinking. I feel that way about Shaw.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I didn't think so either before this series. Richards has shown some real grit, going to the dirty areas and not putting up with TB's crap. Been very happy with his play, honestly not sure who else I can say that about.

Your last paragraph made me laugh, I understand your thinking. I feel that way about Shaw.

Yeah I'll give you that Richards has been playing harder than most of the team.

And I was going for laughs a bit at the end there so I'm glad it was appreciated. I definitely have similar feelings about Shaw but I definitely dislike Lucic more.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
What would be the point? Lucic hasn't been a good player for a long while now. He used to be effective, but that stopped a couple of years before he left Boston.

He put up 30 goals and 55 points this year for the Kings. That's not effective?

I wouldn't want him on the Wings more than a couple years because he is already slow and likely slowing down in the next few seasons, but as of right now he's still productive.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Can someone remove this topic please? This is ridiculous.

I wouldn't take Lucic at 5.5 million. 8 million is superstar money...

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Can someone remove this topic please? This is ridiculous.

I wouldn't take Lucic at 5.5 million. 8 million is superstar money...

Is Lucic Tarasenko? No. So don't give him equal money.

I also don't see which problem of our team Lucic solves.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is Lucic Tarasenko? No. So don't give him equal money.

I also don't see which problem of our team Lucic solves.

When your team struggles scoring on a particular goalie he takes that goalie out....

:dunno:

Lucic is the kind of player that is going to age terribly. His awkward skating style and already dropping speed is alarming. Lucic is a pretty perfect fit in LA though, I think he would be making a mistake leaving, he might not make as much, but he isn't going to be hunted for being what he is like he will be in the new town on a big contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad