Would Detroit offer Lucic $8 million + a year?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He'll go after anyone because there is literlly noone in the league that can stop him. I dont like Lucic at all when Detoits playing him, but thats because he does his job well.

That 55 points thats no good wouldve led Detroit in points and goals this year though wouldnt it?

Dustin Byfuglien still plays in this league....

Have seen Lucic get lit up plenty over the years. He is a good fighter no doubt, and his teammates might play a little bigger but I don't see guys cowering in fear away from him. Lets not pretend he is Probert or Semenko here.

Just an example of a player that wasn't an incredible fighter getting him plenty good. In fact Erskine got him a couple times.

Certainly I don't like the price tag here. I think he would be wise to sign in LA. But he probably will get 7 million per from somebody.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Dustin Byfuglien still plays in this league....

Have seen Lucic get lit up plenty over the years. He is a good fighter no doubt, and his teammates might play a little bigger but I don't see guys cowering in fear away from him. Lets not pretend he is Probert or Semenko here.

Just an example of a player that wasn't an incredible fighter getting him plenty good. In fact Erskine got him a couple times.

Certainly I don't like the price tag here. I think he would be wise to sign in LA. But he probably will get 7 million per from somebody.

Probert? Lol don't ever mention his name in the same sentence with this man. Probert is untouchable. He's the Wayne Gretzky of enforcers.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He'll go after anyone because there is literally no one in the league that can stop him. I don't like Lucic at all when Detoits playing him, but thats because he does his job well.

That 55 points thats no good would've led Detroit in points and goals this year though wouldn't it?

So what, Detroit had a bad scoring year. A 36 year old with back problems had nearly that many points. Datsyuk, 38 years old, missed 16 games, and plays on two new tendons, and was 6 points shy of that. Meanwhile you keep mentioning how nobody can stop the guy. Seems he should be leading the league in points if he is so "good" and unstoppable.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Wings should be looking in a new direction with Young players. Lucic is at more or less the peak of his career right now. If the wings do the right thing and rebuild Lucic will be in sharp decline when it matters. Not a good consideration at all considering what he would cost.

ashenhigh

Aug 27, 2008
Los Angeles
For the love of god no.

He is not a red wings player. The guy is a straight line skating blockhead with a terrible temper and has an affinity for hitting opponents in the nuts. :shakehead

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I am laughing my ass off at the notion that his "toughness" is what this team needs

Are we still living in 2005? WTF? Lucic is not a good possession metric player

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He'll go after anyone because there is literlly noone in the league that can stop him. I dont like Lucic at all when Detoits playing him, but thats because he does his job well.

That 55 points thats no good wouldve led Detroit in points and goals this year though wouldnt it?

Meh, I doubt he would've put up 55 points on the Red Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad