Worst team in the Playoffs

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Ottawa with the worst goal differential of all the playoff teams. Boston sucks as well

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa had a better goal differential than Ottawa and missed the playoffs. Does that mean Tampa is a better team?

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Preface: As a Leafs fan, I think I will always feel the need to start any post with an apology for previous fan posts in the thread. That would get tedious, so I will just say that the Leafs have a large fan base, which means the amount of Leafs fans posting nonsense is going to be substantial and can only be expected. Any discussion involving the Leafs has a chance to descend to the levels of a YouTube comment section...

That said, all the people saying the Leafs are the worst because of their win percentage aren't factoring in the fact that they lost so many games in shootouts, which is in no way representative of what would happen in the post season.

THAT said, the Leafs probably are one of the worst teams to qualify. It, however, doesn't mean they're bad. This is a young, exciting team with the best rookie group many of us have seen in the NHL in a long time.

Overall, if I'm just ranking how good the playoff teams are and not factoring in who they play (which would mean likelihood of progressing, which is an entirely different discussion than worst team), I would say the worst teams, starting with the worst, are:

Calgary
Toronto/Boston/Nashville
Ottawa (without injuries)
Columbus (rough end to the season)

Off Topic Addition: I like the self-deprecating Senator humour that's come out today. I always thought that was a Canadian thing. As a Canadian working in Asia with lots of Americans, I feel my self-deprecating humour is a bit of an oddity but I infinitely prefer it to false bravado or obnoxious insecurity.

Great post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad