Worst team in the Playoffs

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
The Leafs in all honesty. Even if they have good young players they clinched last and if their starter is out then they are in a bad spot

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Probably Toronto, especially if Andersen misses a game or two.
Although anything can happen when you make the playoffs.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Tough question, there are no bad teams in the playoffs.

I guess the way i could look at is what team could have the lowest of lows?

Answer to that question is Boston. Rask can be total crap, on defense they don't have a legit #1 guy to mask how bad the defense can be, on offense Krejci is slow as balls, Marchand can lose his cool, bottom 6 can be non-existent.

Bruins can be outclassed in every single way. All they really have going for them is the 1st line that can play against anyone and do a magnificent job while doing so, but that can only get you so far.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
On paper, I'd say Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Boston, and Calgary are the biggest "pretenders".

MTL- just lacks the talent to have a real shot at the cup.

Ottawa/Boston/Calgary- same as above.

Leafs- lack experience, garbage D for first half-3/4th of the year

With all that said, I do think all said teams can surprise and make a small run. i.e. MTL off the back of price + their upgrade at coaching, Ottawa- Karlsson + Boucher's coaching + a lot of gritty guys who can play playoff style hockey, Boston- a lot of veterans with a lot of playoff experience, Leafs- a lot of youthful elite talent + Babs behind the bench, etc.

Basically, everyone has a chance in the playoffs, it's just about peaking at the right time. Even if it's a very small one.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
If Andersen is out Toronto

If he's in Ottawa,Calgary, Toronto

Honorable mention to Columbus falling apart

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Ottawa AINEC.

Methot only has nine fingers. Leafs knew how awful Phaneuf was and refused to take any NHLers in exchange for him. Karlsson has been diagnosed with all of the LBIs (all of them). Nobody likes Ceci (including Sens fans). Harpur though... he'll be scratched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad