Worst Outlooks

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Gotta be montreal. Weber is laughable at this point in his career, they have the Ranger's center depth, and price is making 10+ million.

Don't know how anyone can pick the Rangers after the offseason they just had. They managed to make the defense ten times better, gain some good prospects and cap space, all at the cost of a borderline #1 center. I don't have them as contenders until they grab another top 6 center, but the future is far from bleak. Add in one of the best, if not the best, goalie prospects in the league and I see a bright future for the Rangers.

Last edited:

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Detroit, Boston, and Montreal will be pretty bad in a few years.

Bergeron/Krecji/Chara past their primes in Boston, with no clear replacements up front.

Detroit has no one on the back end that's worthy of being a top pair guy, DeKyser is at best a #3, and their best young forward, Larkin, is a #2C.

Montreal laid the foundation to their future mediocrity with the trade of Subban for Weber. Then decided to double down by trading a potential top-end defenseman (Sergachev) for a winger (Drouin). Added an aging, slowing Karl Alzner for 5years in a league that's going more and more towards speed on the back end.
Then they decided to double down on all of it by re-signing a 30year old goalie to an 8yr contract extension...

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Detroit AINEC.

Most expensive team in the league.

Zero star players and zero players with any star potential.

3rd oldest team in the league.

Farm system is hot garbage.

GM is actually one of those wacky inflatable things you see at used car dealerships.

NO WAY, WE HAVE THE SAME GM? IS THAT ALLOWED? I legit posted that like 5 minutes ago on the Caps board. XD

giphy.gif

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
My team. Detroit, next five years are gonna suck. At least the arena will be sweet

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Detroit. They have no prospect depth and are focused on middling free agent signings to stay afloat.

Vancouver is the worst rebuilding team. They have been bad since 13-14 and have nothing to show for it in terms of high level prospects

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Bergeron/Krecji/Chara past their primes in Boston, with no clear replacements up front.
I'd say Bergeron and Krejci are both in their primes as we speak.

Still, the Bruins have drafted a center in the top two rounds in each of the past four drafts - Ryan Donato (2014), Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson (2015), Trent Frederic (2016), and Jack Studnicka (2017). Obviously, they just picked Studnicka, but the other three have performed pretty well in college. There's also Danton Heinen, who had a cup of coffee with the big club to start the year, and played very, very well for Providence down the stretch and into the playoffs.

That's five guys who've got a chance. I think at least one, maybe two of them will work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad