Worst Oiler goalie ever

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No love for JDD?

A lot of the guys mentioned here were barely cup of coffee type guys.

JDD played 48 games for us one year. The season we finished last in the league for the first time.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
No love for JDD?

JDD played 48 games for us one year. The season we finished last in the league for the first time.

Yeahhh, but in that season there were only like two players who finished with over 40 points on the team.
Brule and Potulny were top sixers.

JDD actually wasn’t horrific, considering.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
No love for JDD?

I have a hard time criticizing this guy. The team couldn’t have screwed up his development anymore even if they tried to do it on purpose.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I wish we could have played Shane Corson in net for 1 game. Then there wouldn't even be a conversation since he was the worst everything in Oilers history that he did.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Bangers

May 31, 2006
The list of Oilers' crappy goalies is so long, the situation could almost be used as an insult.

"Yer gran/momma plays backup goalie for the Oilers!"

(And my vote goes to Pokey Reddick)

Austerlitz

Jun 26, 2018
Ive never despised an Oiler goalie like I despised Conklin. Its one thing to be bad... but its another thing entirely to be bad AND entitled AND then go and hand away a game in the Stanley Cup Finals.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
No love for JDD?

I mentioned it.
He's by far the worst "starting" goalie we've ever had.

Reactions: RegDunlop

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
He had a bad start to one season under terrible coaching. The team threw him under the bus, he was a good goalie before MacT-Eakins ruined him for a time. Prime chance after prime chance ruined him, there was a reason every other goalie sucked too under Eakins.

Not the worst Oil goalie obviously but that start for Dubnyk was atrocious. He single handedly destroyed any chance to win almost every night.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Not the worst Oil goalie obviously but that start for Dubnyk was atrocious. He single handedly destroyed any chance to win almost every night.
I still remember that shot from center in the one home opener, trouba should not beat you from center

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Tommy Salo was our best player for about two years. He fell of badly his last year but before that he was v ery good for this team.
He never seemed to recover from that goal he let in against Belarus (I think that’s who it was). He became very susceptible to long shots from outside the blue line after that. It was a strange thing.

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
Anybody old enough to have seen Skorodenski play knows it was him.

The game that stands out in my memory was a game against NJ (who they rarely lost to), but they went down 4-2 because Skorodenski was letting in every shot. He was replaced by Fuhr, and luckily because of Gretzky they came back and won the game.

And that was part of the reason Fuhr played 70+ games that season...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad