Worst Movie of the 2010s...so far.

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
Lots of bad movies out there. But I'll ask this. Is Nicholas Cage doing bad movies on purpose, as a lark? He has to be the Razzie king of the decade. I'm starting to think he's doing it on purpose.

The worst movie genre for me is the 'horror flick'. Most are truly stupid. Legalization of marijuana might help to watch a few (as comedies) in the future.

I'll probably pass on any movie with Cage, Sacha Baron Cohen, Casey Affleck, Seth Rogen and anything with zombies,

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
A lot of these in this list are/were disappointing or not good, but I'm not sure many would qualify as "worst of the decade".

That being said, Jack and Jill should earn that, of the ones listed here so far. It's amazing how many horrifically bad movies that idiot makes but people keep forking over money to watch them, so....

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Lots of bad movies out there. But I'll ask this. Is Nicholas Cage doing bad movies on purpose, as a lark? He has to be the Razzie king of the decade. I'm starting to think he's doing it on purpose.

The worst movie genre for me is the 'horror flick'. Most are truly stupid. Legalization of marijuana might help to watch a few (as comedies) in the future.

I'll probably pass on any movie with Cage, Sacha Baron Cohen, Casey Affleck, Seth Rogen and anything with zombies,

He's doing it because he's broke.

Reactions: Puck

Ralph Spoilsport

Jun 4, 2011
hate to say because it's Canadian plus it's a hockey movie, but it's gotta be this one...

220px-Breakaway2011Poster.jpg

Dishonourable mention to La Sapienza. I dare you to watch this 80-second clip...

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I want to say Avengers: Age of Ultron, but I've never been able to get past the first 15 minutes, so I don't know for sure.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
hate to say because it's Canadian plus it's a hockey movie, but it's gotta be this one...

220px-Breakaway2011Poster.jpg

Canadian movie are just AWFUL in general and I can't understand why because our TV shows can be pretty good. It doesnt take a 100 million dollar budget to make a good film just some competent writers yet we seem to lack that.

A few months ago I decided to watch the Canadian film The Right Kind of Wrong since it was directed by the same guy to did Benny & Joon, one of my favorite movies (and again, not a huge budget either). Well, the movie turned out to not only be bad, but creepy. Supposed to be a rom-com about this guy who falls in love with this girl as he sees her about to get married and so he grabs a suit and crashes the wedding intending to ask her out. The guy was supposed to come across and lovable and sweet but ended up being creepy and I never wanted to punch out a main character of a movie so much. I didnt watch all of the movie but I imagine it ended with Mr. Creepy getting the girl he was stalking in the end. Since Canadian films tend to lack originality as well and the ability to be watchable.

As for the topic, it's a toss up between Monuments Men and Downsizing with Suburbacon not far behind.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Oh, add John Wick to my list too. I know I’m in the minority here but for me it hit basically every action cliche I hate. Headshot, headshot, dodge bullet, throw gun, etc., repeat. You can predict the ending only watching the preview.

Ronald Ocean

Disregard username
Sep 12, 2008
Oh, add John Wick to my list too. I know I’m in the minority here but for me it hit basically every action cliche I hate. Headshot, headshot, dodge bullet, throw gun, etc., repeat. You can predict the ending only watching the preview.

Thats the whole point of the movie. It's suppose to be mindless fun. You must hate Shoot Em Up too.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
ITT: people who think disappointing = literal worst movie of the last 8 years

Yeah I will admit none of the movies I’ve listed were truly terrible. But like I said I don’t see many terrible movies because I do some homework before committing to wasting $10 and two hours of my life.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I saw that in the dollar theater in college. Not my choice, my buddy and I went with a few girls. We openly mocked it during the entire movie, the rest of the theater probably didn't appreciate it, but you only paid a dollar so get over it.

Anyways... While walking in, I walk past a high school kid who's staring at the poster and says, "Whoa... She's really pretty."

... Nonchalantly as I walk by I reply, "She's Adam Sandler, bud."

You sound like you were quite insufferable person when in college.

Reactions: Amerika

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Blade Runner 2049. Took me 3 tries to get through it as I kept falling asleep as it was so slow and boring.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Canadian movie are just AWFUL in general and I can't understand why because our TV shows can be pretty good. It doesnt take a 100 million dollar budget to make a good film just some competent writers yet we seem to lack that.

A few months ago I decided to watch the Canadian film The Right Kind of Wrong since it was directed by the same guy to did Benny & Joon, one of my favorite movies (and again, not a huge budget either). Well, the movie turned out to not only be bad, but creepy. Supposed to be a rom-com about this guy who falls in love with this girl as he sees her about to get married and so he grabs a suit and crashes the wedding intending to ask her out. The guy was supposed to come across and lovable and sweet but ended up being creepy and I never wanted to punch out a main character of a movie so much. I didnt watch all of the movie but I imagine it ended with Mr. Creepy getting the girl he was stalking in the end. Since Canadian films tend to lack originality as well and the ability to be watchable.

As for the topic, it's a toss up between Monuments Men and Downsizing with Suburbacon not far behind.

Auteur cinema from Quebec has churned out some fantastic stuff since the 80s. But yeah, outside of the odd moment, English Canadian cinema is very poor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad