Worst Movie of the 2010s...so far.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I saw that in the dollar theater in college. Not my choice, my buddy and I went with a few girls. We openly mocked it during the entire movie, the rest of the theater probably didn't appreciate it, but you only paid a dollar so get over it.

Anyways... While walking in, I walk past a high school kid who's staring at the poster and says, "Whoa... She's really pretty."

... Nonchalantly as I walk by I reply, "She's Adam Sandler, bud."

I call BS on this

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Cell is probably the worst I've seen so far.

Annabelle, The Lazarus Effect, Fant4stic and Mute would probably round out my bottom five.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
ITT: people who think disappointing = literal worst movie of the last 8 years
This kind of remark comes up a lot and I've never understood it.

People who do the opposite and take the responses in the thread like this seriously as if they should be literal answers and/or go out of their way to watch enough bad movies that they have a firm grasp on what the actual literal worst movie is (if that is even physically possible), seem a lot more silly to me, personally.

I actually recall someone using the phrase "You need to watch more bad movies" to express that. :laugh:

I think it kind of goes without saying that the question asked by the thread isn't meant to be literal, and the caveat "... with a certain degree of legitimacy" or "...that you might actually run into and watch" should always be assumed and up to our own discretion.

Last edited:

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
This kind of remark comes up a lot and I've never understood it.

People who do the opposite and take the responses in the thread like this seriously as if they should be literal answers and/or go out of their way to watch enough bad movies that they have a firm grasp on what the actual literal worst movie is (if that is even physically possible), seem a lot more silly to me, personally.

I actually recall someone using the phrase "You need to watch more bad movies" to express that. :laugh:

I think it kind of goes without saying that the question asked by the thread isn't meant to be literal, and the caveat "... with a certain degree of legitimacy" or "...that you might actually run into and watch" should always be assumed and up to our own discretion.
In a world where movies like The Room and Birdemic are made more often than whatever actually gets run in megaplexes, these big studio tentpole flops really have to go above and beyond to be "the worst". They may be terribly unenjoyable as a viewer but they at least probably had better effects than Snapchat filters and Flash animation. If anyone of you ever want to go down that rabbit hole, be careful what you wish for. You'll end up like Dr. Weir in Event Horizon.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Independence Day: Resurgence and Jurassic World because it was impossible to screw up with the subject matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad