Worst leadership in Senators history?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You can tell the teams that have strong leadership and accountability by how they play vs how the teams with poor leadership and lack of accountability play.
A little simplistic way to define something as complicated as leadership. Saw this team play pretty horrifically defensively with everyone’s favorite captain alfie

Reactions: aragorn and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well a win is a win. I would have rather won yes.

But I think Answer is just going through a tough time in his fandom lol
Good riddance.

You can tell the teams that have strong leadership and accountability by how they play vs how the teams with poor leadership and lack of accountability play.
Lol you can eh... Another reach to try and prove your point. An incredibly simple way to try and back up a very poor argument.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
This is a pretty poor take.

The only reason the team went into extra innings is because the Captain scored two goals in the second half of the 3rd period to tie it up, including one with 10 seconds left.

Pinning everything on Tkachuk's "leadership" every time the team loses and lauding Stutzle for every time the team wins a game is just lazy.

Stutzle also didn't score in the shootout.

He also didn't score on a breakaway in OT off of Chychrun's brilliant back-handed saucer pass to spring him.

He also failed to hit the net in the final seconds of the game against Colorado when we had the 6 on 4 PP advantage. He had the top corner wide open and missed.

Now, you didn't watch either of these games, so you're probably unaware of this.

There appears to be a lot of double standards floating around.

You guys really don't pay attention to what other people are trying to say or carefully read their posts in totality. You are so eager to start an argument that you bring up stuff that I never even tried to imply or mention

Where did I even mention once about Tkachuk's captaincy or it his fault that we lost the game? Can you go back all the to Chicago's game and dig out any post of mine where I remotely even mentioned Tkachuk or his captaincy or remotely even tried to blame anything at all on Tkachuk

I have clearly criticize the whole Team and the coaching staff.

When I revisited this thread a few days ago, The leafs game did not even happen yet. And my reasoning for revisiting this thread was to, yes question the whole leadership core that includes multiple people (players and non players)

Aragon just literally made this whole thing just about Tkachuk and dragged me into it. So I have no other option but to answer him with what I said. Can't brag about being clutch and a good leader when you did not cross the finishing line and actually lost the game, when 2 points were an absolute necessity

Play bad and lose embarrassingly
Play good and still lose a close game and keep leaving valuable points on the table

If that is not a sign of a mentally weak team, then I don't know what is, and it starts with the Leadership group, not Gambrell or a rookie that has only played 5 games

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Well a win is a win. I would have rather won yes.

But I think Answer is just going through a tough time in his fandom lol

No, I am just simply criticizing a Team that just can't win and most night embarrass themselves.

Your logic is, it is ok to play piss poor, but its not okay to criticize it?

This Team can't win games, and/or plays an embarrassing brand of hockey, and when they are at the bottom they win a few games

Now sir please tell me what you do not agree with? What have I said that is not correct? I so want to hear this now LOL

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No, I am just simply criticizing a Team that just can't win and most night embarrass themselves.

Your logic is, it is ok to play piss poor, but its not okay to criticize it?

This Team can't win games, and/or plays an embarrassing brand of hockey, and when they are at the bottom they win a few games

Now sir please tell me what you do not agree with? What have I said that is not correct? I so want to hear this now LOL
Well I criticize them every other post.

But They technically can win. They don’t embarrass themselves every night.

They can win games. The brand of hockey they play is…maybe not the best and really only works when firing on all cylinders.

So yeah there’s everything I agree with and don’t agree with. and I don’t think it’s a leadership issue. When we were terrible in November i posted saying that the leadership group needed to start facing some tougher questions from the media.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It's weak on you to just sit and blame the goal and put no responsibility on the Team.
You: wonder why did you not post this on the Game thread rather here?

Lmao. It started from this . rebutting to this from you,

and yet we lost the game because he couldn't score in the shootout. You conveniently left out that part?
And, no I did not watch the game. After seeing the shit show this team put up in past 5 games, I was 200% sure that this Team will not win against the Avs and Leafs, and look I was correct!

I don't understand what you're bragging about when the Team actually lost? So, what if they actually played a good game after 2 week of pathetic hockey, and now are sitting what 10 points out of a WC spot?

A mentally weak Team is who goes up 2-1 and in next 4 minutes are back down a goal and eventually loses the game

Since you chose to post this on this thread then I have to say that this does fall under a weak leadership, correct?
Incorrect,
Keep on talking even though you don’t watch the games.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You: wonder why did you not post this on the Game thread rather here?

Lmao. It started from this . rebutting to this from you,

and yet we lost the game because he couldn't score in the shootout. You conveniently left out that part?

Incorrect,
Keep on talking even though you don’t watch the games.
replying to @Answer is like feeding a stray dog. It seems like a good idea until it won't go away and eventually bites the neighbour's kid.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

See bolded , would not agree with Leafs game, but you wouldn’t know , not watching.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
I think the leadership is pretty good. Tkachuk and Stutzle lead by example scoring over 30 goals and dominating offensively.

I think Chabot had put a lot on his shoulders over the last 4 years and led by example around a team that wasn't very good.

I remember when Hoffman and Karlsson were at eachother's throats and there was discombobulation in the dressing room.

These guys all play well and like one another. I think that is the most telling sign of good leadership, when everyone is included and listened to.

Reactions: aragorn

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
It's weak on you to just sit and blame the goal and put no responsibility on the Team.

I wonder why did you not post this on the Game thread rather here?

And, no I did not watch the game. After seeing the shit show this team put up in past 5 games, I was 200% sure that this Team will not win against the Avs and Leafs, and look I was correct!

I don't understand what you're bragging about when the Team actually lost? So, what if they actually played a good game after 2 week of pathetic hockey, and now are sitting what 10 points out of a WC spot?

A mentally weak Team is who goes up 2-1 and in next 4 minutes are back down a goal and eventually loses the game

Since you chose to post this on this thread then I have to say that this does fall under a weak leadership, correct?
Don't bother watching the games? Won't bother taking your observations seriously.

Reactions: coladin

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Is the a particular way you separate coaching or takent from leadership?

Seems like you're conflating performance with leadership.
coaching is part of it, talent not so much, but their ability to play with consistency, with poise, defensive responsibility and effort, ability to be clutch and raise their game, and setting a good example for other players. that's all part of it and something you can see watching games.

for our context the off ice stuff doesn't matter because we are talking about on ice performance and on ice results. being good in the community or making sure everyone on the team is happy has less to do with wins and losses than on ice accountability.

you guys seem to think i'm only blaming Brady for some reason. Dorion and DJ are the biggest culprits. Dorion is not a leader under any definition of the word, and he is the boss! DJ is more concerned about being liked and keeping the status quo than being a leader.

They have been stuck under these two and Brady is still a rookie leader as is Chabot and all they have known in their NHL careers is low focus, losing hockey and it shows.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
coaching is part of it, talent not so much, but their ability to play with consistency, with poise, defensive responsibility and effort, ability to be clutch and raise their game, and setting a good example for other players. that's all part of it and something you can see watching games.

for our context the off ice stuff doesn't matter because we are talking about on ice performance and on ice results. being good in the community or making sure everyone on the team is happy has less to do with wins and losses than on ice accountability.

you guys seem to think i'm only blaming Brady for some reason. Dorion and DJ are the biggest culprits. Dorion is not a leader under any definition of the word, and he is the boss! DJ is more concerned about being liked and keeping the status quo than being a leader.

They have been stuck under these two and Brady is still a rookie leader as is Chabot and all they have known in their NHL careers is low focus, losing hockey and it shows.
I disagree with you on a few matters here.

Consistency seems to me to be inexperience not leadership.

Talent certainly is an issue on the backend, or at least it was before Chychrun arrive, and certainly is in the bottom 6.

Poise, again seems like it relates far more to experience than leadership.

Clutch, well Tkachuk in particular has come up clutch quite a few times this year.

Off ice stuff imo certainly does matter, it's all a part of creating a good culture in the dressing room and having a team that is more than just a bunch of guys working for themselves

Your OP singled out Brady DJ and Chabot. So yeah, people will comment on Brady in response.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
See bolded , would not agree with Leafs game, but you wouldn’t know , not watching.

But, it would agree with the 5 games previous. Would also agree with the long stretch at the beginning of the season. It doesn't impress anyone if they start to play better once all the pressure is off and they are sitting at very bottom of their division, conference or even the league

The bolded statement also agrees for majority of the last season

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
But, it would agree with the 5 games previous. Would also agree with the long stretch at the beginning of the season. It doesn't impress anyone if they start to play better once all the pressure is off and they are sitting at very bottom of their division, conference or even the league

The bolded statement also agrees for majority of the last season
They played their best games when the pressure was at the maximum in the two Detroit games (and still won two more games after that).

They started losing the exact game they lost their two starting goalies

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They played their best games when the pressure was at the maximum in the two Detroit games (and still won two more games after that).

And those two just don't get that the team while is still a long shot from making the playoffs are still technically in it while playing with AHL goalies. Ferguson starts in net tonight & has 1 NHL game of experience while the other two Sogaard & Mandolese had less than 3 games of experience when first called up. You can't win in this league without NHL caliber goalies in net, the teams are just too good. Losing their two NHL goalies pretty much put the nail in the coffin, now all we can hope for is a Hamburgler run from one of these guys. :laugh:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

And what happened after that?

They were bottom 3rd in standing in the conference before the Detroit series. Beating a even younger, softer team twice at home, made them climb up the standing. and to everyone's surprised they even beat the Rangers following that. That is when the pressure was its maximum, because that is when everyone realized that we really do now have a real shot at the playoffs. And guess what happened then? Their true colors showed, as always!

They completely fell apart before anyone could even blink an eye. They did not just lose and kept on losing, but getting humiliating in the process,

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Reading is hard
1679353492632.png

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

They were bottom 3rd in standing in the conference before the Detroit series. Beating a even younger, softer team twice at home, made them climb up the standing. and to everyone's surprised they even beat the Rangers following that. That is when the pressure was its maximum, because that is when everyone realized that we really do now have a real shot at the playoffs. And guess what happened then? Their true colors showed, as always!

They completely fell apart before anyone could even blink an eye. They did not just lose and kept on losing, but getting humiliating in the process,
Lol, totally ignored the Belleville goalies in your response.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Lol, totally ignored the Belleville goalies in your response.

If you watch this team play defense, not just the Dmen but also the forward, which also includes Tkachuk, any goalie would pull a hamstring and will be on the shelf more than in net, playing good.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If you watch this team play defense, not just the Dmen but also the forward, which also includes Tkachuk, any goalie would pull a hamstring and will be on the shelf more than in net, playing good.
Nice , doubles down.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
DJ is like a the new student teacher who loses control of the classroom that is filled with class clowns and people not serious about learning.

I mean sure blame DJ, he was weak and is now paying for it.

but blame the players too. These guys are supposed to be professionals and are all highly paid but they do not act or play like professionals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad