Worst leadership in Senators history?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Been watching since the 2000s and not sure I've seen any thing like this.

Dorion, DJ, Brady, and Chabot should be embarrassed at themselves but it does not look like they have the self awareness to do so.

I know people will come in here and call me crazy but name the worse leadership group first.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Dorion, DJ, Brady, and Chabot should be embarrassed at themselves but it does not look like they have the self awareness to do so.

I know people will come in here and call me crazy but name the worse leadership group first.

Youngest leadership group in sens history ?

Give them a new coach and some more reps , it will come

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021

And if the coach changes and they start winning, these guys will be good leaders suddenly?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
And if the coach changes and they start winning, these guys will be good leaders suddenly?

if they play like it sure.

but the truth so far is that

Brady had not captained any team before being made captain of an NHL team. and he has never been even a passable defensive player in his career.

making him captain was a marketing ploy because of his last name.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I don’t wanna be that guy….but we’re 2-6 since the boys partied it up at crazy horse after beating Columbus and going above .500…

It’s not the partying itself but I’m starting to wonder if these guys just got too complacent or overconfident thinking they finally turned the corner.

Not sure if we’ve seen a players only meeting yet

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Chabot and Brady are 300+ games deep into their NHL careers and make 8 mill +.

Why are you omitting Giroux ?

The captains aren’t gonna shit out missing pieces of the roster like a bottom 6 and top 4 dman. They also ain’t gonna shit out experience and tenure for rookies like Pinto and Sanderson.

Obviously do I think Tkachuk could have been better this season in terms of leadership especially when it comes to getting his line mates like Batherson engaged ? 100% I am sure he is going to evaluate everything this offseason and be a better leader for his mistakes.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

Not it's not

Because there is no leadership. You can't be worst in something that just doesn't exist for you

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Almost exactly 5 years after Dorion convinced Melnyk to launch a rebuild, after trading multiple established players for picks and prospects, and after a summer in which the financial constraints were lifted…. We have:

Ottawa 20-23-4
Belleville 15-20-4
No real impact prospects outside the AHL.

It’ll be a great day when Pierre Dorion is fired.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Why are you omitting Giroux ?

The captains aren’t gonna shit out missing pieces of the roster like a bottom 6 and top 4 dman. They also ain’t gonna shit out experience and tenure for rookies like Pinto and Sanderson.

Obviously do I think Tkachuk could have been better this season in terms of leadership especially when it comes to getting his line mates like Batherson engaged ? 100% I am sure he is going to evaluate everything this offseason and be a better leader for his mistakes.
yes our depth sucks. but Brady and Chabot play with the best linemates. they should be holding up their own end of the bargain. they don't have an excuse for the way that they are individually playing. not linemates or lack of experience.
Brady and Chabot are NOT the problem here. Sheesh.

they sure play like they are the problem. everyone wondering why we suck so much, why we are so sloppy, why the defensive effort and focus is so low...

look at the two highest paid players lol.

Jesus christ, are you going to start a "Worst (...) in Senators history" thread every time a thought pops in your head?

only if they are valid.

trust me, i wish i was starting "Best (...) in Senators history" threads instead, but here we are.

Reactions: headup

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
yes our depth sucks. but Brady and Chabot play with the best linemates. they should be holding up their own end of the bargain. they don't have an excuse for the way that they are individually playing. not linemates or lack of experience.

they sure play like they are the problem. everyone wondering why we suck so much, why we are so sloppy, why the defensive effort and focus is so low...

look at the two highest paid players lol.
Brady leads the team in most categories and has 47 pts in 45 games. Chabot is over-utilized and is by far the team's most reliable and effective d-man. C'mon. This is just a bad take. These are good players.

The Ottawa Senators have 99 problems but Chabot and Tkachuk are not one of them.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Brady leads the team in most categories and has 47 pts in 45 games. Chabot is over-utilized and is by far the team's most reliable and effective d-man. C'mon. This is just a bad take. These are good players.

The Ottawa Senators have 99 problems but Chabot and Tkachuk are not one of them.

PPG is cheap (just look at Drake) and Brady cheats for offence like crazy. like zero effort on a play unless he thinks he can get a point.

Chabot is just choking.

The play of the "leaders" is a big part of the problem.

Reactions: headup and NB613

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Yup.

Chabot is getting way too much hate. Give him a new coach and he'll bounce back, no doubt in my mind.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Weakest thread in Sens history. DJ and Dorion need to go because they are not good at their jobs. Depth and a defensive system would do wonders for this team.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Chabot is not a problem? Hahaha

I've e never seen Alfredsson or Karlsson whie and take himself out if the game with a min left like Tkachuk just did. He's a fine player but I question his leadership.
Karlsson and leadership in the same sentence bro are you kidding

Reactions: DueDiligence

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Karlsson and leadership in the same sentence bro are you kidding

what ?

Karlsson was 10x better leader than Brady and Chabot are showing to be. He literally willed weaker rosters to not only the playoffs but beyond.

The only thing Brady and Chabot have willed the team to is falling out of the playoff race a month into the season.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Weakest thread in Sens history. DJ and Dorion need to go because they are not good at their jobs. Depth and a defensive system would do wonders for this team.

like the other thread i made people were so offended at first. but they actually turned out be the mentally weakest.

they also never offered alternative senators teams that were worse. just like no one is offering alternatives in this thread. they don't exist.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Sure, i don't have a problem saying this team has the weakest leadership in sens history, starting with Dorion and Smith. Zero accountability from either of them.

As for players, I'm not willing to say Brady, Chabot and Giroux are the weakest yet. Giroux has done everything he can, Brady is offensively producing even if he sucks defensively, and Chabot can't exactly tell DJ to not play him as much as he does (even though Chabot's been shite).

Weakest player leadership I've ever seen was when Spezza was captain, and Phillips & Neil wore the A's. Phillips and Neiler were great warriors with us with their 1000+ games for us, but Spezza showed he had no spine and our vet leaders didn't really do much on ice to stop that season from being shite. That team was so underwhelming. We had great coaching, goaltending, depth, and our leaders showed zero killer instinct

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad