Worst leadership in Senators history?

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
What a trash leader Brady was tonight scoring the GTG and hitting the crossbar in o.t. That's your take. But yeah you are the one with common sense.

and yet we lost the game because he couldn't score in the shootout. You conveniently left out that part?

That is why kids like you should not be allowed on the internet. You can't comprehend what other people are saying. Focus on school and grow your little mind then come talk to me

*You're blocked* I am sorry but you're just too dumb

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
and yet we lost the game because he couldn't score in the shootout. You conveniently left out that part?

That is why kids like you should not be allowed on the internet. You can't comprehend what other people are saying. Focus on school and grow your little mind then come talk to me

Thank you for reinforcing my original point.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Karlsson teams almost always outperformed their talent level. And the seasons where they did flame out badly were the ones Karlsson was injured or coming off injury.

not saying he was the perfect leader but cmon, Karlsson, Turris, Anderson and Stone led teams had way more backbone.

this big-money team now has no excuse to not be performing better than those Karlsson budget teams but it's not even close.

one team overperformed and came up clutch all the time while the other consistently underperforms whenever they face adversity.

Karlsson had led and starred in three playoff appearances by the time he was Brady's age, and 5 by the time he was Chabot's age.

so how are you able to say that Karlsson is the one who struggles when things matter when Brady and Chabot have yet to play a meaningful game in their career? that makes no logical sense.
Carkner had to come back into the lineup to protect Karlsson after Boyle was punching him in the head, Neil had to come back into the lineup after the Sens were being pushed around by Tanner Glass of all people & protect Karlsson. Karlsson himself noted that Neil had protected him for most of his time here in Ottawa. And now we have Tkachuk protecting Stuztle & giving him much more open ice. Karlsson played well when he was being protected because he can't protect himself. Karlsson had much older players playing with him his whole time here while Brady is playing with a bunch of other very good young players who are still making young players mistakes. Do you not see any potential in this team for their future?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What a trash leader Brady was tonight scoring the GTG and hitting the crossbar in o.t. That's your take. But yeah you are the one with common sense.

the issue isn't that they can't do this stuff. they can, they are loaded with talent.

the issue is that it all dries up when they get close to playing meaningful games, they bomb hard and then when the pressure is off again (because of their own doing) they go on another run.

there is some kind of mental block on this team when it comes to meaningful games. Can't wait till Alfredsson joins the club, cuz DJ and Dorion sure as shit aren't teaching these guys how to be winners.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
the issue isn't that they can't do this stuff. they can, they are loaded with talent.

the issue is that it all dries up when they get close to playing meaningful games, they bomb hard and then when the pressure is off again (because of their own doing) they go on another run.

there is some kind of mental block on this team when it comes to meaningful games. Can't wait till Alfredsson joins the club, cuz DJ and Dorion sure as shit aren't teaching these guys how to be winners.
More nonsense. How many times did the Ottawa teams with Alfredsson on them & captain lose to the stinking Leafs when we were supposedly the better team? Alfredsson never won a cup & neither did Karlsson so they don't have anything to say about this team or any team. Once you win a cup you get the right to talk the talk otherwise you're just another pretender.

Last edited:
Reactions: coladin

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

What would you describe their performance against Detroit a team they were chasing on a back to back? I'm as disappointed as anyone about the trip out west. But this take that they always fold isn't accurate. They're a young team and this is the first time they've been in this situation. They're learning. I agree they need a new GM and New coach. But to say Brady is a bad leader is a terrible take.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
They need a coach who will lead them. Dorion obviously wants them to win and will do whatever is necessary to make that happen. Granted, he responded frantically after Melnyk died but I think he's done as good a job he could and showed that with the ropes off his hands he will do something.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They need a coach who will lead them. Dorion obviously wants them to win and will do whatever is necessary to make that happen. Granted, he responded frantically after Melnyk died but I think he's done as good a job he could and showed that with the ropes off his hands he will do something.
I don't really think he's done a great job. The debrincat, Talbot/Gustavsson, paul/Joseph, Connor Brown trades were all very very poor. He just stays status quo and they are probably a playoff team right now. Giroux came here because he wants to be home. He has chosen all the coach's. Look how much money the sens are paying players that are on other teams. They have no picks and very little prospect depth. Time to go.

Reactions: Dionysus

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Good point. But for me when it comes to sports, I can't help but to criticize a sports Team on their awful, embarrassing performances, that just doesn't seem to stop. No one is criticizing a loss, but the WAY they lose when it matters most, is just outrageously pathetic

Some fans here are even more softer than the Team's play. They take it to heart if someone points out how bad this Team is. 'Bitch and moan even if they win the Stanley Cup'? Really now? Some fans needs to wake the f*** up and see the reality of the situation. It is another Failed season. They did not accomplished anything.

Now, some fans naively compare this season with with last 2 years and deem it a successful.. NOT realizing that we have been the at the epitome of failure, that there is no way but to go up

They are all grownups, not 12 year old, that we should encourage their failures, and hand them medals for participation

Very poor IQ level on your part for not realizing how accurate this thread is, so far.

When they win, I will cheer

When they lose, I will criticize

What am I doing wrong?
You’re funny, should watch the games, because reading the posts, looks like you don’t, just look at the box score.

Did you who scored to get the Sens to within one and then OT. They lost because Soogard is just not ready yet. He can fill in the odd game but not as a regular starter.

marinoni1983

Feb 8, 2017
As an outsider full disclosure Habs fan live in ottawa watch alot of Sens games I love hockey.

FYI I am still bitter we didn't take Tkachuk over Kk.

I agree with Zub and Answer, Tkachuk has alot of great qualities has a hockey player, a unicorn really... but.. I have never seen anyone write anything about Tkachuk doing anything defensively to help the team.

Now I think this may be DJs system (worst coach in the league tactically) Brady loves hanging out at the blue line, it's obvious he and alot of guys on the team care more about personal stats then winning. I exclude stutzle the kid gets it.

Do people not remember Yzerman getting 150pts a year.. it took Yzerman realizing that 80pts was better if he committed as a two way player. Crosby gives up at least 20pts a year to play the right way. And there's many more examples around the league that prove this is accurate. If Tkachuk have up 15pts and committed to playing a complete game this team would be miles ahead.

Best top 6 in the league, decent D, goaltending mediocre but alot of good teams with mediocre goaltending are alot better, top 10 pp and pk... something doesn't make sense.

I think DJ is a great guy but a very poor coach..

This is my take, I think OP and a few others have guts for speaking the truth, but most people are afraid of the truth nowadays.

Reactions: Agent Zub

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What would you describe their performance against Detroit a team they were chasing on a back to back? I'm as disappointed as anyone about the trip out west. But this take that they always fold isn't accurate. They're a young team and this is the first time they've been in this situation. They're learning. I agree they need a new GM and New coach. But to say Brady is a bad leader is a terrible take.

Loved it, they were dominant but another thing it showed was that Detroit is f***ing awful, what the hell were they doing in front of us in the standings for the whole season? They play until they get to the point where they are to be taken seriously and then they sabotage themselves.

This team should be at least 10 points up on a team like Detroit.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Lol, block someone cause they they disagree with you

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
As an outsider full disclosure Habs fan live in ottawa watch alot of Sens games I love hockey.

I agree with Zub and Answer, Tkachuk has alot of great qualities has a hockey player, a unicorn really... but.. I have never seen anyone write anything about Tkachuk doing anything defensively to help the team.

Now I think this may be DJs system (worst coach in the league tactically) Brady loves hanging out at the blue line, it's obvious he and alot of guys on the team care more about personal stats then winning. I exclude stutzle the kid gets it.

Do people not remember Yzerman getting 150pts a year.. it took Yzerman realizing that 80pts was better if he committed as a two way player. Crosby gives up at least 20pts a year to play the right way. And there's many more examples around the league that prove this is accurate. If Tkachuk have up 15pts and committed to playing a complete game this team would be miles ahead.

Best top 6 in the league, decent D, goaltending mediocre but alot of good teams with mediocre goaltending are alot better, top 10 pp and pk... something doesn't make sense.

This is my take, I think OP and a few others have guts for speaking the truth, but most people are afraid of the truth nowadays.
This will come in time but as of yet this team or the majority of the players who are the core of this team are still young but they are getting it & they are improving. The EXPERTS all said to start the season that they thought the Sens would be an improved hockey team this yr & would be fighting for a playoff spot but not make the playoffs & that is EXACTLY where they are. Next yr will be a different story when more is expected of them & that they should be a playoff team. They are playing right now with both of their goalies from the AHL, they have had goaltending injuries all season long & they lost Norris for most of the yr their leading goal scorer from last yr.

Great teams don't happen over night they need time to mature & get everyone up to the same speed together. Maybe a new coach at some point will need to take this team to the next level but this team is vastly improved from the team we saw last yr & have beaten some of the best teams in the NHL this yr. They took the Leafs who are 2nd in the Div to 9 ROUNDS in the shootout last night, there are all kinds of variants on the truth depending on perspective & depending on circumstances. Some people are blind to that kind of truth & always want their team to win regardless.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Karlsson teams almost always outperformed their talent level. And the seasons where they did flame out badly were the ones Karlsson was injured or coming off injury.

not saying he was the perfect leader but cmon, Karlsson, Turris, Anderson and Stone led teams had way more backbone.

this big-money team now has no excuse to not be performing better than those Karlsson budget teams but it's not even close.

one team overperformed and came up clutch all the time while the other consistently underperforms whenever they face adversity.

Karlsson had led and starred in three playoff appearances by the time he was Brady's age, and 5 by the time he was Chabot's age.

so how are you able to say that Karlsson is the one who struggles when things matter when Brady and Chabot have yet to play a meaningful game in their career? that makes no logical sense.
How old were Karlsson, Anderson, Turris and Stone.

And Karlsson’s teams also missed the playoffs , and he was the captain in the worst season I have ever watched. And that includes the Sparky Allison season. The 2017-2018 season.

Karlsson had a HHOFer on the team and a veteran lineup. Maybe two in the next few years.

Reactions: aragorn and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Loved it, they were dominant but another thing it showed was that Detroit is f***ing awful, what the hell were they doing in front of us in the standings for the whole season? They play until they get to the point where they are to be taken seriously and then they sabotage themselves.

This team should be at least 10 points up on a team like Detroit.
They have paced the sens ever since. Just beat Boston. They arent that bad. You cant give credit where its due when it doesnt fit your narrative I guess.

Lol, block someone cause they they disagree with you
Im still waiting with baited breath.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
They have paced the sens ever since. Just beat Boston. They arent that bad. You cant give credit where its due when it doesnt fit your narrative I guess.

Im still waiting with baited breath.

they aren't that good,

-23 goal differential. their 2nd highest scoring player has 41 points in 68 games, we've had 5 player pace for more than that most of the season.

They are still rebuilding, 2-3 years behind us. they should not have as much points as this senators team as they are much weaker and didn't trade 2 top 10 picks for current NHL stars.

the similar pt pct has more to do with the Senators low accountability and mental softness than Detroit being a good team.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
You’re funny, should watch the games, because reading the posts, looks like you don’t, just look at the box score.

Did you who scored to get the Sens to within one and then OT. They lost because Soogard is just not ready yet. He can fill in the odd game but not as a regular starter.

It's weak on you to just sit and blame the goal and put no responsibility on the Team.

I wonder why did you not post this on the Game thread rather here?

And, no I did not watch the game. After seeing the shit show this team put up in past 5 games, I was 200% sure that this Team will not win against the Avs and Leafs, and look I was correct!

I don't understand what you're bragging about when the Team actually lost? So, what if they actually played a good game after 2 week of pathetic hockey, and now are sitting what 10 points out of a WC spot?

A mentally weak Team is who goes up 2-1 and in next 4 minutes are back down a goal and eventually loses the game

Since you chose to post this on this thread then I have to say that this does fall under a weak leadership, correct?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t know how anyone can define leadership when you’re not in the room. If you’re defining leadership simply by wins and losses….that isn’t leadership.

Reactions: NB613 and Dionysus

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It's weak on you to just sit and blame the goal and put no responsibility on the Team.

And, no I did not watch the game. After seeing the shit show this team put up in past 5 games, I was 200% sure that this Team will not win against the Avs and Leafs, and look I was correct!

I don't understand what you're bragging about when the Team actually lost? So, what if they actually played a good game after 2 week of pathetic hockey, and now are sitting what 10 points out of a WC spot?

A mentally weak Team is who goes up 2-1 and in next 4 minutes are back down a goal and eventually loses the game

Since you chose to post this on this thread then I have to say that this does fall under a weak leadership, correct?
So , you would be happy with winning playing the way the Leafs did? You didn’t watch the game? Good on ya lol

Reactions: bert

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa

You are extrapolating FAR too much out of Brady's cherry-picking, to the point of absurdity.

DJ's system is essentially stretch pass cherry picking.

Don't go comforting yourself to sleep saying that Tkachuk isn't a winner, or that he cares more about points than winning. Tkachuk is a gamer, 100%; his only fault is that he still a young leader.

There is nothing brave about questioning Brady's leadership or that his values aren't in the right place, it's just foolish and somehow ignorant, especially for OP, whom as a Sens fan should be paying attention to all the media that is pumped out reaffirming the quality of Brady's character. The guy just GETS it.

Reactions: thinkwild and bert

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

This is a pretty poor take.

The only reason the team went into extra innings is because the Captain scored two goals in the second half of the 3rd period to tie it up, including one with 10 seconds left.

Pinning everything on Tkachuk's "leadership" every time the team loses and lauding Stutzle for every time the team wins a game is just lazy.

Answer said:

Stutzle also didn't score in the shootout.

He also didn't score on a breakaway in OT off of Chychrun's brilliant back-handed saucer pass to spring him.

He also failed to hit the net in the final seconds of the game against Colorado when we had the 6 on 4 PP advantage. He had the top corner wide open and missed.

Now, you didn't watch either of these games, so you're probably unaware of this.

There appears to be a lot of double standards floating around.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There seems to be a lot of people coming from the position that poor defensive player can't be a good leader.

I don't really see it that way, Brady does a lot of things on and off the ice that support the premise that he's a strong leader.

It's been widely reported that he's doing a lot of the little things to make guys comfortable when the join the team, for example being first to reach out to new acquisitions, being there when the join the team for the first time to great them as the arrive at the arena, he says the the right things in interviews, for example when Sogaard let in a bad goal and took responsibility for the loss a few weeks back, Tkachuk was asked about it, framed in such a manner as to discuss how mature Sogaard is, he instantly made it clear the loss wasn't on Sogaard and said they would talk to him and sort that out, make sure he understands.

On the ice, he's the fist to stand up for pretty much anybody, he knows when the team needs a boost and how to change momentum, or get the guys going.

He does all the things in the community a leader should do too.

Honestly, if you're questioning Tkachuks leadership you better have some sort of insider scoop to back it up because pretty much everything in the public eye suggests he's doing a stand up job.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So , you would be happy with winning playing the way the Leafs did? You didn’t watch the game? Good on ya lol
Well a win is a win. I would have rather won yes.

But I think Answer is just going through a tough time in his fandom lol

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I don’t know how anyone can define leadership when you’re not in the room. If you’re defining leadership simply by wins and losses….that isn’t leadership.

You can tell the teams that have strong leadership and accountability by how they play vs how the teams with poor leadership and lack of accountability play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad